Chapter: 29

After informing Pops, that I am here and everything that has happened, I go inside my room and take out an extra pillow and blanket from the closet. Coming back in the living room, I find Alec laying on the couch with his arm over his eyes.

"Alec, why are you sleeping here?" I frown, "There is a room upstairs you can take that," I inform him.

"No, I am fine here," he sits up and shakes his head, "Don't worry, you go and sleep."

"No, you are not sleeping in the living room," I say sternly, "Come with me, you can sleep in my room, and I will sleep in my parents' room," I turn around and start climbing the stairs, after a moment I hear him following me.

"If you need anything," I sweetly smile, "Don't you dare disturb my sleep, you can look for it yourself."

"Avery," he calls me when I am about to leave.

"Yeah?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Goodnight," he smiles.

"Goodnight," My face mirrors his expression.

After making my bed on my parents' bedroom floor, I stand in front of my mom's picture.

"Mom, I am not alone today," I smile, "I brought my friend here, I hope you and dad don't mind that I allowed him to stay in your house without your permission."

"Mom, I think you would have liked him if you were here," I lightly laugh, "Just like you would have liked Kristan."

"Mom, I am very confused," I sigh and play with my fingers, "There is a constant battle between my brain and my heart. My head says that I should not easily trust him, but my heart already trusts him. There is so much which I don't know about him, but even then I feel like I have known him all my life. I wish you were here to help me to clear my mind," I swallow as my throat constricts.

"Sometimes I really need you," I look down as my vision blurs, "Just to hold me and tell that you are there for me. When somebody will hurt me, you will hold me tightly until there is no pain," I bite inside my cheeks.

"Mom, do you miss me? Just the way I miss you?" I rapidly blink my eyes to clear my vision, "The ache of your absence never dulls, Mom. Even when I have never seen you, but still, every day I crave for your love. This emptiness in my heart never fills, because a part of me is buried with you. This void will only be filled when I will unite with you until then I will dream to be with you."

I silently stare at my mom's picture as my eyes burn with ushed tears. Few minutes pass, then taking a deep breath I tear my eyes away from her picture.

I lie on the floor and pull the covers till my neck to keep away the monsters. I can't bring myself to sleep on the bed, because I don't want to taint my parents' memories. When I clean this room, I keep things just the way there were when my parents were alive. The most I have done is to hold the fabric of their clothes in the hope to feel their presence and inhale their scent. Because I don't want to disturb their memories. 

Tightly wrapping my arms around myself I close my eyes, wishing to feel comforted in the room which holds so many reminders of my parents. 

****************************************************************

Alec's POV

(To all the readers who were asking for Alec's POV, I hope you will enjoy reading it. Especially, Aliciaxllll, you have waited for so long to read his POV. 😜)