Chapter: 36

Live Fast Die Young...

Bad Girls Do It Well...

Live Fast Die Young...

Bad Girls Do It Well...

Humming along with the song, I bob my head with the rhythm. I was going shopping when I got a call from Kris that she needs a ride because she left her car at home.

Just for the information, I still have both of my hands, perfectly in running condition, and the doctor is walking on this earth with his joystick. So, no damage is done at all.

I have to pick Kris from Jake's practice. Since he is busy preparing for his fights as he has advanced in his group, they hardly get time for each other. Jake feels guilty by not giving her enough time, but the supportive and understanding person Kris is, she never complains about it. So she makes time for him, instead, and visits him whenever she can.

I have seen Jake surrounded by girls, as with his good looks and being a boxer makes him magnets to girls. But never once Kris is jealous or feels insecure with his female admirers. And why would she? As that boy has got eyes only for her. When he sees her, the way his polite smile turns into a full-blown heartfelt smile is a proof that how much Kris means to him. It makes me happy to see that the same kind of love is reciprocated by Kris, too.

Stopping the car, near the Battleground, I walk outside the car and lean against it as I wait for Kris to come outside. It is almost evening, but the sun feels warm against my skin and I can feel perspiration starts to form on my skin.

The Battleground has a gym, where Jake usually practices, which allows their fighters to train there for free. Even people from outside can use it, but they have to pay a small fee. There are trainers who don't only help you to learn any fighting form which you like, but they even help people who are dealing with weight issues.

The most comical thing which I have seen here once, a group of small kids around the age of seven to ten coming out holding the hands of those big badass looking guys after their classes. As they offer classes for kids, to promote physical fitness in them, many parents have enrolled their kids here.

Checking the time on my phone I frown, as I have been waiting here for ten minutes and still there is no sign of Kris. This seems weird because she had texted me that she is already waiting for me outside.

Pushing myself off of the car, I start walking towards the main gate and in the back of my mind, there is a nagging feeling that something is not right. The phone in my hand chimes and I feel a wave relief passes over me as Kris name flashes on the screen.

Immediately, picking it up, I open my mouth to speak but stop when I hear Kris voice.

"Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?"

These questions are directed towards someone else with whom she is at the moment. The fear in her voice is hard not to miss, which makes me instantly alert. 

"You think if you have dragged me at the storage nobody will try to find me?" She questions the person, but it seems like she is letting me know her location. 

Smart girl. 

I hear some guy's voice, but I focus on locating her.

Frantically, I look around to see where this place might be. Not focusing on my steps, I run into someone. Instantly, I hold the t-shirt of a boy who looks a little younger than me. He gives me a weird look but noticing my serious expression his expression also turns solemn.