Chapter:22

"What?" he asks with a puzzled expression.

"You heard me," I lean back in the chair and fold my arms, "I am hungry, feed me," I turn my head to him.

"Hungry at this hour?" he asks raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I didn't have my late-night snack, because you drag me outside the house. So, now I am hungry," I sigh, "I always have a late-night snack because I feel hungry at night."

"If I would have been aware of your late-night hunger, I would have brought something for you," he says looking at the rearview mirror then back at the road ahead.

"I am surprised you didn't notice this, I mean, we have spent so many nights together..." I mindlessly trail off. 

He is really good at observing things, he catches minute details which can easily go unnoticed. Once he abruptly told me to re-check my front door lock, when I entered home while I was on a phone with him. Because he felt it was not locked just by the sound of the lock... and it was not.

 So it feels strange he hasn't noticed my chomping sound when I am talking to him late in the night.

He suddenly coughs stifling his laughter, I look at him with a frown. Then my mind registers what I have said.

"Oh my God!" My eyes widen and I slap my mouth with my hand.

"I didn't mean like that. That came out so wrong!" I shake my head furiously feeling embarrassed, "By spending nights together, I meant talking to you on phone at night."

Okay, I agree I don't have control over my words and I don't even mind. But that doesn't mean I enjoy being the victim of such situations. 

"That sounded so bad," I groan and cover my face with my hands, heat rises to my cheeks when I hear his deep chuckle resonating through the car.

"My apologies for not knowing your needs even after spending many nights with you," he smirks teasingly.

"Alec!" My mouth falls open looking at him in disbelief, hearing his double meaning sentence.

Here I thought he was a gentleman. But I guess, under all this gentleman facade is a normal corrupt-minded guy.

I am not here to judge anyone when my own mind works in all directions... perfectly fine.

"I don't think anything would be open at this point of time," he says breaking the silence after my cringe-worthy incident.

There are many indecent comments just on the tip of my tongue, that what sort of other things might be opened or might be opening this late...like zippers, hooks, packets, etc. But I keep my mouth tightly shut.

"Yeah," I answer him and sigh, "Just take me back home, I will just go straight to the bed," I lean back in the seat. I am tired and slowly sleep is taking over and I don't have the energy to make something, even a snack. 

My eyes open with a start, when I feel the car halts. I didn't realize that I have fallen asleep. I look outside the window to see the unfamiliar surroundings, I turn to Alec questioningly.

"You asked me to take you home," Alec unlocks the door, and step outside, "But haven't mentioned whose home, so I brought you to my home," he shrugs and closes the door.

"Huh?" I look at him in confusion as he walks around the car and opens my door.

"Let's go, then I have to drop you back at your home also," he motions me to come outside.

"Why?" I ask him stepping outside the car.

"I don't have any issue with you staying here, I have many spare rooms," he starts walking towards his front door with me trailing behind him, "But I don't think your Pops would be happy to find you missing from your room in the morning."