Chapter:23

"Who taught you to cook?" I watch him as he moves around the kitchen efficiently.

Since I only ask for a glass of milk and nothing else. So he decided to make for stir fry noodles because according to him milk doesn't qualify as a mid-night snack.

"Mom," he smiles, while he slices some bell pepper, "Cooking is something we do together, in her words it is our thing," he lightly chuckles.

"Whenever I miss her, I often end up cooking a three-course meal," he lightly sighs while putting sliced bell pepper in a plate.

"Do you need any help?" I ask, changing the conversation.

He thinks for a moment then shakes his head in no.

"Okay, good, I will cut the carrots," I shrug, ignoring him and take another knife from the knife holder.

"Woah, stop," he quickly drops his knife and pulls the knife away from my hand, "You and knife are a big no, I still remember the way you were cutting the apple that day."

"Don't worry, I will not imagine someone's face while cutting the carrots," I wink.

"No," he shakes his head sternly, and hand me a peeler, "You peel carrots, I will cut them."

"You imagine people's face when you cut things?" he arches an eyebrow and passes the carrots to me.

"Yeah, it is better than to cut them instead," I shrug and starts peeling carrots.

"You have serious anger issues, I guess," he chuckles making me narrow my eyes at him.

"How was your date?" he gives me a sideways glance and suddenly asks.

"It was amazing," I smile, "Pops said grandma will be so envious of him and will regret leaving us," I laugh. I never realized his posture was stiff, until now, as his shoulder slumps in a relaxed way.

"Where did your grandma go?" he asks, as he finished slicing carrots, keeping up the conversation.

"She died long back," I turn and slightly lean my back on the counter.

"I am sorry."

"So, you have gone on many dates?" he casually asks as he puts vegetables in a pan and stirs them.

"Are you interested in my dating life, Gregory?" I teasingly arch my eyebrow and cross my arms.

"No, I am just asking," he shrugs trying to sound casual.

"Well, since you are just asking," I smirk, "Then I will tell you. No, I have never gone on a date. Other than with Kristan and Pops."

"You never had a boyfriend?" he asks slightly surprised.

"Ah, now we are talking directly," I raise my eyebrows and slowly nod my head.

"Okay, don't tell," he looks irritated with my teasing and focuses on his cooking.

"No, I never dated anyone," Rolling my eyes, I say in a monotone.

"Why?" 

"I don't know maybe I am looking for something which is beyond physical attraction," My gaze falls to the floor and a small laugh escapes my lips, "I don't want to rush into something which is meaningless, I want to experience something real... something true. Even if I have to wait all my life for it, I will wait," I play with my fingers.

He nods his head in understanding and gives me a small smile, then he gets back to his work.

*********************************************************