Chapter: 103

Alec's POV

Last night I was heading to attend a meeting at the Battleground, but since I needed to pick Liam so I postponed it till this morning.

Since I can't leave Liam alone I have called an early morning meeting at my house. In this way, I don't have to leave Liam and I can finish this meeting too.

Frisky is with Liam in the room as he is sleeping so if he walks up, before I get back to the room, he will not be worried much.

Just like I have thought Frisky instantly took a liking to Liam and even Liam became friends with her.

"Any progress on the new assignment?" I ask while my eyes flickering to my mobile to get any message about Avery. The last message which I got is two hours back and she has still been there, the entire night she was sitting outside the cabin in her car.

I need to talk to her about this, I don't care if she will chop my head off for keeping an eye on her.

"Nothing suspicious is found." Finn shakes his head in no, "I think they are keeping it down for a while."

Suddenly, my office room's door opens which snaps everyone's attention to the door. Everyone visibly relaxes when they watch half-sleepy Liam making a beeline towards me, ignoring everyone.

Finn grins watching him, while everyone else's eyes have slight curiosity and confusion in them.

I turn my seat when he comes near but before I can ask anything, he simply climbs in my lap and keeps his head on my chest while closing his eyes.

Snaking my arm around him, I kiss his hair which is sticking out in every possible direction. Turning my seat, I glance back at everyone. Almost everyone's eyes are studying Liam with curiosity.

"Who is this little guy, Alec?" John, one of the oldest friends of Dad, asks.

He used to work along with dad, and still, now he works for the organization. However, he is more of an uncle to me than a colleague.

"He is Liam," I answer, "My son."

Slowly, his eyebrows shoot up in surprise, and everyone else is also surprised hearing this. However, most of them have a fond look on their face when their gaze travel back to Liam.

They have witnessed me losing my family within a blink of an eye. And without even saying I know, they are happy for me that finally now I have someone who is my own.

John smiles but doesn't say anything as he keeps looking at Liam.

"So shall we continue with the meeting or call it a wrap, as the little boss is here?" Finn smiles nodding his head at Liam.

Glancing down at Liam, I find him sleeping again so I decided we can continue it as all the important things are discussed. Just a few things related to Battleground are left so we can discuss it with Liam being in the room.

Dad started Battleground years ago. Initially, the idea behind it was to help our fellow brothers who got retired or has to leave the organization due to some reason. Dad provided them jobs so that they will still be a part of us and can earn for themselves while utilizing their skills.

Later, people from other clubs also started joining our club as it provides them a legal means of making their living while still doing what they are best at, which is fighting.

We made a lot of enemies in this business too, but they are nothing which we can't handle.

I suppress my smile when I watch everyone talking while keeping their voices low so that it doesn't disturb Liam. These are the people on whom I can count on. We all have each other's back, no matter how difficult time is.