Chapter: 32

Alec's POV

"You look tired?" She asks looking at me with a small pout.

If it was anyone else other than her, I would have snapped. But she doesn't need to know how much shitty my day was.

"Yeah, I am," I sigh running my hand over my face, "It was a long day."

She just nods and doesn't ask anything more.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you something," she excitedly speaks, gaining my full attention, "Somebody beat that Jeff to pulp and he is in hospital." She grins.

Somebody has been beaten severely and is in hospital, and this thing makes her happy. Wow!

"Who is Jeff?" I ask her innocently.

Innocent and me? Nah.

"That fucker who had hit Pops car." Anger flashes through her eyes.

Angry Firefly

"I don't know whether to thank that guy who beat him, or punch him for beating him," she frowns in confusion, sounding like she is talking to herself rather me.

I don't say anything just wait for her to continue. Because in this short time I have figured she half of the time talks to herself, but still she wants me to listen to her.

It is strange, but here we are talking about Avery and there is hardly anything normal about her. She is one of her kind.

"You know, I am glad he made him suffer, but at the same time I am annoyed that it is because of him that Jeff is in the hospital." She makes a face, "I wanted to be the one to put him there," she groans.

I almost smiled at her. I know she gets angry at anything, but I can hardly imagine her beating someone, let alone putting someone in the hospital.

But the way she punches, tells a different story. It was not easy to absorb the impact of her punch unflinchingly, a wave of pain traveled through my arm when I caught her punch. My palm was on fire and it took everything in me not to rub my palm to soothe some pain. If there was someone else other than me, the strength behind that punch could have done serious damage to them.

Hell, it could even leave me bruised, if my reflexes weren't so quick.

"He got bailed, bloody rich ass," she narrows her eyes, "But I am happy that he got bailed, otherwise, he wouldn't have been beaten black and blue."

"Actually, if he was sent to jail, then maybe I could have arranged someone to attack him in the jail." Her brows pinched together in concentration as if she is scheming, "You should just have the money and access to the right person to do your task."

"How do you know all this, little Miss criminal mind?" I arch my eyebrow, thoroughly amused by her.

"Watch Prison Break, you will understand all the working behind the jail and their politics," she purses her lips and nods her head seriously.

"After watching that series I can even plan a successful prison break," she proudly smiles, which makes me chuckle.

Even though I am tired as hell, but talking with her always refreshes my mind.

"So, back to Jeff. How did you find about him?" I question her so that she continues to talk.

I lean back on the couch and close my eyes as I listen to her. She starts telling me everything she knows about Jeff, which she heard from some guy Mason, who works at the garage. Then she tells me her friend, Kris, told her about Jeff whom police found beaten and unconscious and brought him to the hospital.