Chapter: 100

Alec's POV

"What do we do when the light turns red?" Avery asks Liam while looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"We hit the wheel and groan and stop the car," He answers in one breath.

Raising my eyebrows I turn to look at Avery who is looking heavenward while shaking her head.

"Good, at least he knows that we have to stop the car." I lightly chuckle.

I have noticed Avery keeps on teaching him something all the time in a playful and interesting manner. She is homeschooling him. During grocery shopping, she told him to make piles of similar color items and then later she asked him to name things which she is keeping in the cart.

I just love the way she interacts with him, she reminds me so much of mom, even mom used to teach me different things like this.

He did throw a tantrum once or twice, but instead of showing her annoyance she calmly handled him. Either by simply hugging him, until his mood got better or by talking to him and asking him to share what is bothering him.

I am sure Liam is the only one who is blessed to see her calm side because I can bet if there was anyone other than him, then she would have smacked them on their head.

"Fuck!" She growls when the driver in front of us abruptly hits the break making her press the break quickly which makes the car jerk forward.

"You okay, buddy?" Quickly, turning around I check on Liam.

"Yes." He nods his head with an angry pout.

"Ass-" She clenches her jaws.

"Avery." I sternly interrupt her.

"What, Avery? Didn't you see what he did?" She glares at me while complaining and points at the car in front of us, "What kind of jerk drives like this?"

A faint smile comes on my lips as I look at her because this is the first time when I finally got to see a glimpse of the Avery which I knew.

That Avery is not gone, she is still somewhere in her.

Also, this is the first time she has actually talked to me... like a normal talk.

"Mom," Liam calls her and extends his hand in front of him, suddenly looking quite happy for some reason which I don't know.

"Here." She rolls her eyes and hands him five bucks.

Okay, I guess he is the swear police officer.

"And Alec?" He frowns and points towards me, "Pay him fine, too."

"For what?" She narrows her eyes.

"You said a bad word, so you have to pay fine." He shrugs, "And he is my partner so you have to pay him too."

"Pay up." I playfully arch my eyebrow, opening my palm, pressing my lips together to stop myself from smiling.

She looks at me while I anticipate that she will retaliate, but as always she does the opposite of what I have expected.

Because I have never expected her to silently hand me the money, without any remark or fight. I have hoped that she will bicker with me like the stubborn girl was.

However, my earlier smile vanishes from my face, making me think has she really changed this much?

**********************************************************************