Chapter: 82

Alec's POV

"Hey, that was a good punch." I take a spot beside Liam on the floor while he plays with his cars.

"We Andersons land mean punches." He grins proudly making me chuckle, "But I don't punch people, it is bad, but he made me angry." He angrily pouts.

Of course, he inherited Avery's temper.

"Yeah, it is not a good thing to beat people without any reason." I nod, "You are a really good boy." I smile at his cuteness while he gets back to play with his cars.

Suddenly, a thought comes in my mind that maybe I can get some information about his father from him. Because I am sure Avery will not tell me anything and it is useless to waste time by asking her as she is hell stubborn. Even if I don't get much information from Liam, then I will ask my men to find out.

"Do you know, even I and your Uncle J used to do boxing?" I ask him trying to get his attention, "We were also very young when we started to learn, but not as young as you. And definitely, we could not punch like you." I smile a proud smile remembering the way he punched Matt.

"Yes, mommy told me about Uncle J." He keeps his cars on the side, giving me his full attention, "But she never told me about you?" His small brows pulled together in puzzlement, "Are you also mommy's friend?"

I don't know the answer to his innocent question.

What am I to his mother? Or what his mother is to me?

All these years she was only my Avery to me, but now she is someone's mother.

"You love cars?" I try to divert the topic pointing towards his cars, "How many cars do you have?"

"I love cars." He picks up his cars and gives it to me. Forgetting about his earlier question, he starts to talk about his huge collection of cars.

The way he excitedly talks about his car, he reminds me so much of Avery. Whenever she used to talk about something she loved, you could practically feel the enthusiasm radiating off from her whole body.

There is something strange about this kid, I feel like there some kind of connection between us. He is Avery's, this thing alone is enough for me to care about him.

"Mommy told me she will buy me another remote-controlled car next month." He pouts as he drags his car back and releases it making it move forward.

"Your mommy bought you all these cars?" I ask him as he crawls to pick his bag.

"Yes." He nods and takes out the water bottle from his bag.

He drinks water and some drops drip from his mouth. Before they can reach down below his chin, I gently wipe them with my thumb, as he puts the cap back on the bottle.

"What about your daddy?" I casually ask him, being very careful of my words as I don't want to hurt his feelings.

"I don't have a daddy." He uncaringly shrugs. His tone says this is not the first time someone has asked him such a question.

My heart constricts hearing his words.

"He doesn't live with you?" I swallow, trying to ignore the pain.

"No." He shakes his head, "I don't know where he lives." He sucks in his bottom lip and plays with his fingers.

With each word, I feel like my heart sinking.

"He left us," he says in a quiet voice.

"He doesn't deserve you or Avery." I clench my jaws, as anger surges through me. I am raging not because someone had hurt Avery, but also because he had hurt this innocent kid.