Chapter: 85

Alec's POV

"You are also so strong." Liam touches my arm, "Just like Hulk." He seems fascinated by my muscles. While I am fascinated by this little kid.

"Liam, look what I found for you." Avery's voice comes from behind and I turn around tightening my hold on Liam as this little guy half leans towards Avery to see what she has got for him.

"Transformer car!" Liam screams excitedly while I slightly cringe with a low chuckle as he shouts next to my ear.

"Yes!" She smiles and nods her head, "And it's a remote-controlled one." She comes near us and shows the car to Liam.

"Wow, it is so cool," he says as his eyes fixed on the car.

"Thank you, mommy." He beams in happiness, "I love you... You are the best." He slips from my arm and wraps his arms tightly around her waist.

"I love you, too." She caresses his head as she lovingly gazes down at him.

"What about Hulk?" His eyes shift at the Hulk figurine in my hand then back at Avery, "Are we going to leave it here?"

"No, we will take it," she answers before I can say something.

I wanted to buy this for Liam but I guess she will not appreciate it nor she will allow it. As I know she does not like me being here but just because of Liam's sake she agreed.

And I am grateful to her because these moments with him means so much to me. After so many years I am feeling something which is not anger, pain or loneliness... I am feeling happiness.

"You know, Mason always tells me that his dad is so cool and buys coolest toys for him," Liam says while taking a large sip of chocolate milkshake, "But I am going to show him all my cars, then he will know my mommy is way cooler than his dad." He grins.

After shopping for Liam, we are now sitting at the food court, as Liam was feeling hungry. Even I was starving as I haven't eaten anything since morning. But I was too busy enjoying the company of this little guy, that I had almost forgotten my hunger until he mentioned it.

Liam is a mini chatterbox, he talks so much. But this side of him only comes out when he is around Avery, otherwise, he mostly keeps to himself. He wanted to tell everything to Avery even if it is something trivial. Avery also listens to him very diligently and gives reactions that he wants to get from her.

Seeing her with Liam makes me somewhat relieved that at least she is not alone. However, when I think of his father my blood boils, he doesn't deserve them at all. Not even once he thought about them, before leaving them. Avery was pregnant with his child, how could he abandon her in that condition? Or has he forced himself on her, which resulted in her being pregnant?

The more I think about all this, the more anger builds up in me. I feel like there is fucking lava inside me which is waiting to erupt.

"Now, listen." Avery raises her eyebrows at Liam, "You are only allowed to open any one of your toys, rest of them you will open back at home, okay?" She nods her head.

Back home...

"Okay." He obediently nods his head, "When are we going to go home?" He asks while my heart drops hearing this, even I am aware that they will not stay here. But still... knowing that these moments are going to end soon, it does something to my heart.

Especially, when I know can never experience these moments in my life ever again.

"Very soon," she quietly replies, as her gaze holds a distant look.