Chapter: 79

Alec's POV

Six years have passed, but still, I find myself standing there in that room with her as she looks at me unflinchingly. Feeling of being betrayed etched in her beautiful brown orbs.

Sometimes when I close my eyes I see the smile which graced her face, every time I said 'I love you'. Still, every day I say 'I love you' to her, the only difference is that now she can't hear these words nor I can see her beautiful smile.

"Hey, Alec thanks for coming, man." Jake lightly slaps my shoulder and smiles, "I thought you would not come."

"You are one of my few friends which I have." I smile ruefully, "How could I have missed your wedding?"

Jake gives an understanding smile but doesn't say anything.

When I left this place six years back, I also left everyone whom I knew. Sometimes I used to get in touch with Jake, to keep alive that old Alec in me. Without even asking me the reason for my disappearance, he just treated me like he always used to, never once he made me feel that anything has changed between us.

So, when Jake invited me to his wedding, at first I was not ready to face her, but then I could not help myself to agree. Because this could be the only chance which I will have to talk to her and tell her why I had to leave her... why I had to say all those hurtful things to her.

No one knows what had happened six years back, except me and her. She is also not aware of the complete truth, that why I had to suddenly leave the person who means the world to me. Leaving her with nothing but, the hurt.

I made a choice that day... I chose her, even though it meant letting her go.

All these years I could not gather up the courage to meet her, but now I have finally gained the courage to face her.

I am aware, the eyes in which I always saw love, is now going to be filled with questions and hate. The hurt of feeling betrayed by the person who promised to never betray her. But I am prepared to accept everything even her anger, her hatred for me. As honestly, I deserve every bit of her hate and anger... I was the one to protect her heart, but I choose to protect her. And for that, I had to break her heart.

I just pray that she gives me a chance to explain myself, maybe then she can forgive me.

"I will just come back in a second." Jake sighs tiredly as he reads the message on his phone, "I have to check-in my cousin and his girlfriend in their room." He keeps the phone in his pocket then walks towards the reception lobby.

Currently, we are in the garden area of the hotel where refreshments have been arranged for the arriving wedding guests. Jake and his fiancee Kristan, have booked hotel rooms, for their wedding guests, in the same hotel where they will have their wedding festivities.

I grab a glass of juice from the tray as the waiter passes in front of me. Taking a sip as my eyes wander over everyone's faces, some of them are laughing and talking with each other, while some of them are helping themselves with food. But none of the faces belong to the person whom I want to see.

At last, my eyes land on the familiar, yet different face. The girl, in front of my eyes, is not the girl that I have left six years back. The mischievous teenage girl which I knew is gone, as in her place I see a beautiful mature woman.

Even after so many years, she still manages to take my breath away.

Suddenly, my hands feel clammy while my heart beats rapidly just by the sight of her. Even she has not still noticed me, but I know one look of hers is enough to shake me till my soul if I still have one. My soul also left me with her, because my soul was bonded to her.