Chapter: 49

Dragging my feet on the way back home, I kick an empty soda can feeling upset and annoyed. 

Why I am annoyed? Well, it happens Kris and I made plans to visit that bar which I have discovered a few weeks back. However, since I actually don't remember that exact direction, I decided to find it again on foot. So, later we can come there by car.

However, when I find that bar and thought it wouldn't hurt to check it once by myself, I was not allowed inside that bar. Firstly, they said I was underage and I can't drink, to which I reply, I already don't drink I just want to hang out for a while. Secondly, they said even then they will not allow me to enter the bar and when I countered other bars allowed me entry. They simply said 'Our bar Our rules'.

So, now feeling like a loser, I am walking back home. I just wanted to see that bar from inside, I am curious to find out whether it looks like Snuggly Duckling even from inside. Well, no worries I will come back when I will turn twenty-one.

Before I can take a turn to my house, somebody pins both of my arms on my sides from behind. Honestly, I don't even get scared as this thing is happening to me so much lately, also simply by touch, I can tell who this person is.

"Do you float in the air? That's why I don't hear your footsteps?" I roll my eyes, my words laced with boredom.

"And a simple tap on my shoulder is enough to get my attention, why there is a need to restrain my hands?" I twist my wrists in his hold to make my point.

"Just safety precautions, so that I don't get hit by you." Alec lightly chuckles.

"Alec, you are good, but you still need to learn some more things," I throw his words at him, smugly, "But don't worry, I will teach you." 

Then I kick him on his shin, catching him off guard. He instantly releases my hands while a grunt leaves from his gritted teeth.

Turning around, I laugh at him as he glares while rubbing the spot where I have kicked.

"Don't you think you abuse, or try to abuse, me a lot?" He straightens and crosses his arms over his chest, and involuntarily my eyes follow the way his muscles flex in his arms.

"Well, don't you think are manhandling me a lot." Clearing my throat, I forcefully look away from his arms.

"I didn't see you complaining?" He teases arching an eyebrow.

"I don't complain, I directly take action," I say in a proud tone then I turn on my heels to walk away from him.

But instead of walking forward, my feet are carrying me backward as Alec starts dragging me backward while holding the back of my shirt.

"What are you doing?" I grab the collar from the front so it doesn't choke me.

"Taking you with me." He simply answers as he stops beside his car.

"C'mon get inside." He opens the passenger door, "Get inside." He slightly nudges me towards it when I don't move.

"Is this a new and nice way to kidnap someone?" Getting inside the car, I look at him.

"Trust me, if I had to kidnap you I would have already thrown you inside the car," he says casually then walks around to sit in the driver's seat.

Since I don't have any better things to do and somewhere I was even missing spending time with him, that's why I decided to go with him.

I don't say anything and let him drive to wherever we are going. I can feel he is stealing glances, probably thinking why I am not asking him anything. However, I trust him, so I am not worried about what he has on his mind.