Chapter: 58

I hate overcrowded places.

First, it took me a sweet amount of time to find a free spot to park my car, then now this place is jampacked with hardly any space to walk. Above all, I have to find my friends in this sea of people.

When Kris told me about how many people are showing up for watching the fights, never in my mind, I have imagined it is going to be this many. 

When for the third time, my foot has been stomped, I have almost decided to go back home to enjoy the rest of my night peacefully, other than, cursing hell and back people who are not seeing where they are walking. But when I hear my name faintly over the noise around me, I start to look around for the last time in the hope to find any familiar face.

Kris waves enthusiastically at me from standing on the bar while Jake supports her.

Heaving a sigh of relief, I make a beeline in their direction.

As soon as I reach them Kris jumps down from the bartop and tightly hugs me. I push her away, laughingly, when she sniffs my neck.

"You smell so delicious, girl." She again takes a long whiff pulling me close as my eyes try to search for Alec but he is not here.

"Okay, do I need to be worried about anything, babes?" Jake asks slightly laughing noticing the open display of affection that is being showered by Kris on me.

"Oh, when it comes to my Avery, you always have to be worried." Kris kisses my cheek loudly making my eyes wide, "I will always willing to switch teams for her," she says with the most serious look. Even I would have been convinced if I don't know Kris any better.

"I don't mind being the only man, in your duo. Triple the fun." Jake winks wrapping arms around our shoulders, squeezing in between us, while doing some weird dance move. 

Well, at this point we are barely able to hold back our laughter as I push both of them away from me. Exhaling loudly I try to gain control of the laughing fit.

Once more I look around in search of Alec, hoping to catch his glimpse. But when I don't see him anywhere, I thought to find him in his office which he has shown me ages ago.

"I will be back in a while," Tugging Kris's arm to grab her attention, I whisper in her ear.

"Don't forget to give a good luck kiss." She grins like a Cheshire cat.

"Oh, he doesn't need good luck. However, little motivation will not harm." Winking at her, I pave my way towards the less crowded section of the club, down the hallway, there is a staircase which leads to his office if my memory serves right.

"Sorry, ma'am, nobody is allowed to be in this section." A huge man blocks my path, "If you want I can guide you back to the main section of the club." He nods his head towards the way I came from, displaying his giant arms by crossing them over his broad chest.

Damn, everything seems miniature just by his presence.

Momentarily, I am distracted by his tattoos which looks like they have been stretched to their limits. I have never seen tattoos up close, it almost looks like doodling not that I am going to tell him.

"Ma'am?" He says to gain my attention.

"Is Alec in there?" I raise my head to point to the door at the end of the stairs.

"Alec?" His stoic expression wavers as his thick eyebrows almost reach his trimmed hairline.

"Don't tell me he had already died, and I have been interacting with his ghost all this time." I shake my head feigning horror.