Chapter: 61

The creepy and weird sensation of being watched has been crawling all over my body since the moment I have stepped outside my car. I look around the gas station to pick up anything unusual that is giving me these weird vibes, however, everything seems alright. 

But I can't shake off this feeling. Quickly, filling up my car's tank I get inside the car and start driving. 

Ignorance can land you in danger, hence, instead of ignoring you should trust your intuition as it might save you from danger. Therefore, trusting my intuition,  all my senses are on alert. 

Switching my gaze between the rearview mirror and side-mirror, I change the direction where I am supposed to head. Taking a turn towards the town center, I am not surprised to find a white SUV following me.

A smirk pulls up onto my face, as I look into the rearview mirror. Just for the sake of my enjoyment, thrice I drive my car around the roundabout in front of the town hall.

"Idiots," I mutter when I watch them following my car round and round three times.

I don't even know why they are following me, but for the past few weeks, nothing exciting has happened so I am just entertaining myself for a bit till I get bored.

Finding the road empty, I started changing my lanes, sometimes speeding up, sometimes slowing my speed a bit. A laugh escapes my lips when they mirror my movements.

At least, if the cops will catch me I will not be alone.

Just when I am thinking about what should I do next, my phone rings making me groan loudly.

Even though I don't want, I answer the call putting my phone on speakers.

"Come straight to the club," Alec speaks as soon as I answer the call. He sounds extremely calm and serious, but I can sense a hint of panic in his tone.

"Does it has something to do with the white SUV which is following me?" I ask nonchalantly, making sure to keep my distance from the car.

"Avery, head to the freeway and don't stop or slow down your speed," he says sternly, then I hear some muffled voices as he talks to someone else, "I am coming to you, as soon as I can." 

From the background sound, I feel he is already on the move.

"Relax, Alec, everything is fine." I try to calm him because his composed voice can't hide his anxiousness.

"Don't disconnect the call and keep on talking to me, okay?" He demands.

"Okay." 

"When did you find somebody is following you?" He asks.

Taking a right turn I head towards the freeway.

"When they went on a merry-go-round ride with me." I lightly laugh, "They are idiots. And if they are one of your enemies then sorry to say they are lousy and you need to up your work to makes some better enemies."

I hear someone laughing in the background, then a moment later it is radio silence.

"Hello? Are you there?" I ask finally reaching the freeway and unleashing my inner Dominic Toretto.

"Woohoo!" I exclaim loudly, which gets Alec's attention as he mutters some curse.

But ignoring him my focus sets on the car behind which is also gaining speed, decreasing the distance which I am trying to create.

My eyes widen when suddenly the car passes me and stops in front of me.

"Fuck!" I curse, pressing the brakes just in time before I can crash into its side.