Chapter: 45

Since I don't know where are we going for dinner, so I opted out for something casual. Taking out a simple dark red printed knee-length dress which is cinched in waist and a cardigan, I paired it with wedges. 

Changing into my outfit, I apply moisturizer to my face and coat some mascara on my eyelashes. As it is just a casual dinner, I don't see the need to put any make-up. I love doing make-up, but only when occasion requires, otherwise, I simply go with mascara and lip balm. 

After brushing through my tangles, I dab some lip balm on my lips. I always apply lip balm in the last so that my hair doesn't keep on sticking on my lips when I wrestle to remove knots from my hair. 

Just when I finish getting ready, I get a text from Kris saying that they are waiting outside. Picking up a clutch, I put my mobile, lip balm, hand-sanitizer, and some mints in it as these things are a must whenever I am going out. 

Writing a quick note for Pops, letting him know that I made him dinner and placed it in the microwave oven, so he can easily heat it. I lock the door behind me and climb into the car in which my friends are arguing about something.

Momentarily, they stop their argument to greet me then again pick up their argument from where they have left. From what I understand they are fighting over who drives better. At one point, I feel like I need to tell them the truth that they both suck at driving the car, but doing a great job in driving me crazy.

Thankfully, my moments of agony ends when Jake parks the car in front of a restaurant. I feel relieved to find the restaurant is not some kind of fancy restaurant. Because honestly the food served in most of the top-notch restaurants just tastes average. I think they focus more on the presentations rather than the actual taste of the food. 

When we walk inside we are guided to our table, where Alec is already waiting for us. Alec gives us a small smile when he sees us.

"If we are late blame them, not me."Jake laughs, folding his arms over the table and nods his head towards me and Kris.

"Alec, since now we have become friends," Kris says directly looking at Alec, who slowly raises his eyebrows in a surprise when he hears the word friends. Even I am surprised because we all are not friends yet. But now since Kris has decided that we are friends, then we are friends, end of discussion. "I would ask you to apologize to Avery for being an asshole and behaving rudely with her on that day." 

Jake's mouth hangs open in disbelief while my eyes widen in shock, looking at my friend who is giving a stern look to Alec completely oblivious to our shock.

"Well, go on." She nods her head prompting him to apologize.

Alec is trying to suppress his smile as Kris puts on her intimidating face giving him a stern look. 

"Kris, no need for that, he already-" I say after recovering from my shock.

"I am sorry, Avery," Alec interrupts me and apologizes, my head turns in his direction only to find amusement dancing in his eyes even though his face is almost showing no emotions, "For being an asshole."

"Avery, have you forgive him?" Kris asks me, "Or do I have to make him apologize to you again?" 

I know she is serious, and if I say no, I am sure she will make him apologize again even if he doesn't want to. 

"No, no." I quickly shake my head while laughing, "I have accepted his apology."

"Just out of curiosity, if I hadn't forgiven him and even he had refused to apologize again, what would you have done?" I look at Kris, anxiously waiting for her to reply.