Chapter: 119

"Alec, can I ask you something?" Biting the inside of my cheeks, I look at him.

"Of course, you can ask me anything." He sits straight giving me his full attention.

"Who's that... Kendra?" I clear my throat controlling my tongue because apart from her name... all other names are threatening to come from my mouth to address her.

The twitch in Alec's lips reveals that even he guessed from my tone what names I am actually itching to call her

"John Thatcher was one of dad's oldest friend and his colleague, he even works in the organization with me. Kendra is his daughter," he answers casually.

Oh, a family friend. However, this doesn't answer how does she know about such personal thing such about Alec.

"Alec, how does she know so much about you? I mean something which is related to your personal health." I ask him the next question which is troubling me.

"John knew about this, and he even suggested to me that I should marry Kendra so in this way no one would find out about anything and my name along with my family's name would not be ruined because of my flaw." His jaws go rigid, and the vein on his temple pops out in anger, "Even Kendra doesn't want kids so she would not have any issue with me being unable to become a father and all this would remain a secret."

Okay, I have this strong urge to break something... like this person John's head.

How the hell he can even say something like this? It is downright insulting.

My hands ball into fists and the rage which is running through my veins almost makes me see red.

Mr. Thatcher, you must pray that we don't cross paths because I have some really nice words for you.

However, this raises another question in my head.

"How did you find out that you can't have kids?" I slightly frown because it feels weird to talk about something like this... I feel this something that is too personal and might be a sensitive issue for anyone.

When he places his hand on mine and gently rubs circles inside my wrist then I realize that my hands are still tightly clenched into fists.

"A few years back, a girl was called in for interrogation as we have our doubts that she was a member of the drug cartel." He keeps on making lazy circles on my wrist, as he stares at my hands which are refusing to relax, "Later, we found it was not her but her brother who was actually involved in the business so we released her. However, a few months later police showed up at my door saying that the same girl is accusing me of rape and claiming that she is pregnant with my child."

"We never interrogate any females without the presence of our female colleagues, also everything that happens in the interrogation room is recorded. So, I had all the evidence of her lying, but then she said I raped her at her home after she was released."

"We got a DNA test and it proved all her claims were false. Later she confessed someone gave her money to put the blame on me. When we dig deeper we found out someone from the police department was involved behind all this." He runs a hand through his hair, trying to look unaffected but I know how much all this must have affected him.

"How could someone put such horrible blame on you?" Wrapping my arms around his waist, I hug him from the side trying to comfort him, "Look at you, the guy who doesn't even know how to hug properly, how could he force himself onto someone?" I can't help but add when he loosely places his arm on my shoulder in a really weak hug.

"I don't know whether to take this as a compliment or an insult." He lightly laughs even though I didn't say this as joke but if it has lightened his mood then I won't mention this to him.