Chapter: 95

Alec's POV

"Then T-rex came and destroyed all my toys." Liam takes a bite from the chicken nugget which I bring near his mouth and continues telling me about his real experience with dinosaurs.

When he gets excited about something he forgets everything, even that five minutes ago he so much hungry that he could eat a car.

Currently, we are sitting in the McDonalds as Liam was hungry and demanding for chicken nuggets.

"Even Stegosaurus stepped on my cars and broke them." Liam widens his eyes, "But then I got super angry so I punched it and broke its teeth." He throws a punch in the air while I chuckle looking at him.

"Then T-rex attacked me but I was fast and I kicked on its giant head." He makes an angry face, "Mommy heard the fight and came to help me. She grabbed both of them with their tails and smacked them on the ground and beat them until they didn't say sorry for being bad and breaking my toys."

Never in my life, I thought I would be so much enthralled by hearing stories about dinosaurs. I have been listening about them for the past two hours and honestly, I can listen about them non-stop because this is my son sharing his stories with me.

However, in every story, his mom is his superhero. Whenever anything goes wrong his mom turns everything right because she is so powerful. Even though all the stories are just the creation of his imaginations but there is nothing but true about Avery being strong.

He has been awake for nearly two hours and in these two hours, there is not even one sentence which he spoke and Avery was not part of it. His every talk starts and ends on Avery.

He has introduced me to an entirely new Avery. Although this Avery is his mother who is nothing like the Avery that I knew six years back. The Avery which was her Pops Avy.

"Why is that guy staring at us?" Liam's voice alerts me.

I pull him close to me and at the same time, my other hand goes for my gun which is inside my jacket pocket.

Turning my head in the direction where Liam has pointed, I watch Finn standing at the counter. My body relaxes but I still keep Liam close to me, covering his body with mine.

I have asked Finn to bring a booster seat for Liam so that I can drive without feeling worried about his safety.

Finn walks to our table carrying his food. He was so excited to meet Liam because I can't stop myself from talking about him. I wanted to talk about Liam with someone and since Finn is the only one who knows about him so I shared my happiness with him.

"Can I sit here?" He asks and takes the empty seat opposite us when I nod my head.

"Why were you staring at us?" Liam directly asks while glaring at him.

"No, I was not." He shakes his head.

"Don't lie." Liam narrows his eyes at him, "I don't like liars."

Finn's amused gaze meets mine but quickly he turns his expression into neutral.

"I have seen you that day in the mall, then I have seen you at Aunt Kris's wedding." Liam's face scrunches up as if he is concentrating hard on something, "You are following us." He points at him with an accusatory tone

I bite the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from smiling because he is quite observant, unlike Avery.

I have asked Finn to keep an eye on them from afar to make sure they are safe. But I guess, he was not discreet enough to hide from my son's watchful gaze.