II

"Fuck it Nick."
I answer standing up.

"Chantel, I promise you it's not what it looks like. Alexys and I, that was nothing I promise you."

"I'm not in the mood to take this right now. I knew I wasn't supposed to come over."
I say. He squints his eyes.

"I don't like the way you act as if I did this to hurt you. Even though we might not have seen each other in over eight months, it doesn't means my feelings for you have changed. I would never go back to her or go back to anybody else for that matter. I told you I was gonna wait for you and I meant it."
He says, honestly I knew he was speaking the truth. I knew he loved me still and I love him too. I look down at my feet.
He says.
"Alexys is Luna's mom."

"What? Alexys is your baby mama? And you never told me? I've beat the shit out of her yet you never told me that's the girl that gave you a child at the time."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. Listen, you know I'd never hide anything from you, but I felt like that information was unimportant."

"Clearly it's not that unimportant if you can suddenly go on dates with her."
I say sitting back down on the curb. He stands in front of me.

"Dates? I didn't go on a date with her. But it would be Luna's birthday today. So we decided to meet up and kind of celebrate it."
He says. I felt bad now. I just put my head in my hands.
"You really think I'd choose her over you? Even if she is or was my baby mama, I don't want her, I want you. If Luna was still alive, I'd let her meet you and she would see you like her own mother. Chantel, you are one of the most important women in my life. I wouldn't trade you for anything especially not Alexys."
He adds. I look at him and give out a weak smile. Why is it so easy for him to win me over. I swear, people don't like fighting with me because they know for a fact I won't take their bullshit. But Nick just manages to get away with it.
"Besides you were the one who left me."

"I'm sorry, what? I left you? You think we broke up because I wanted to?!"
I started yelling. As if I was happy with the break up.
"I came over and asked you if you think that's the right decision to make. And do you know what you said? Do you? You told me that that's the best way to solve this right now. You could've told me you want me to stay, show me some kind of sign that you want my help, but you agreed with me. So if you're going to put the blame on me, I don't really know what to say."
I was mad. This wasn't just my decision. He stayed quiet.

"Well I didn't know I needed you here so bad."

"Nick, that's not my fault. You don't think it was hard for me?"
I say. He ran his hand through his hair.

"You had fun, you were happy. You made new friends and DJ'd."

"What did you want me to do? You wanted me to sit at home and cry over you. Because I have photos and videos of that too if you want me to post that instead. You have no idea how many nights I spent thinking about you, thinking about if I should just go back. But I knew you needed to heal. I don't do this shit for myself, I wanted to help you Nick."
He looked at me as he shook his head.

"I'm sorry."
He says.
"I'm not saying it's your fault. I just felt like you didn't miss me."
He adds. My heart broke for him. Of course I missed him. I gave him a hug and he hugged me back, while kissing the crook of my neck. He looks up at me with a smile.
"Now let me drive you home."