VI

It was starting to get pretty late. Nick was sitting at the sofa next to my bed looking out the window staring at the sunset. He looked focused and deep in thought as if his mind was filled with daydream. I wish I knew what he was thinking about.

"Do you think bald men use shampoo or just regular soap?"
He asks. Well there my question was answered and it was absolutely not what I expected. I started giggling. My ribs are a little better now after all the painkillers.

"I have no idea, I'm not bald."
I say. He chuckles and looks back at the view. Imagine having a beautiful ass sunset to look at yet the only view I was enjoying was him.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer."

"Oh really you hit me with that cheezy shit?"
He looks at his watch, stands up and walks over to me.

"I wish I could stay longer C, but I really have to go. We have a meeting with our management about the whole tour thing."

"It's okay Nick, don't worry about it."
I say. He hugs me gently not wanting to hurt me.

"If you need anything please call me."

"Of course. And thank you once again, you literally saved my life."

"I'd do anything for you Chantel."
He says looking deep into my eyes. He got closer as our lips connected for the first time in what felt like forever. This kiss was passionate and held manny feelings. We broke the kiss as he showed me his beautiful smile.

"I love you Nick."

"I love you too C."
He says before giving me a kiss on the forehead and walking out. He quickly glanced at me over his shoulder before closing the door.

Damn it really hit different being in this room alone. I felt really vulnerable and almost scared. I know Andre can't touch me anymore, he's a dead man. But knowing that feeling of being so weak and helpless. I keep replaying the way he kicked me while I was on the floor. The way he just managed to take a fist full of my hair and drag me to the living room. When he sat his body on top of mine and his disgusting cold hands found their way around my throat. My eyes started watering. If Nick wasn't there I'd been gone by now.

"Sorry I forg-Are you crying?"
Nick asks as he came back into my room. I quickly wipe my tears away.

"Don't worry it's nothing My head's just hurting."

"You're replaying the memories in your head aren't you?"
He asks. Why does he know me so well? How does he know my exact feelings and thoughts? I nodded as a way of answering.
"I'm telling them I can't come tonight."
He says. I shake my head.

"No Nick, don't do that. It's important and I'll be alright I promise."

"I can't leave you broken like this."
He says.

"Nick, I promise you it's alright. I'm good, they were just some flashbacks it's nothing big. Now please go to the meeting and I'll see you tomorrow."
I say. He looks down at his feet then back up at me.

"Please, please text if you need me. I wanna' be here for you."

"I promise."
I say. He takes his car keys that he forgot and hurried out. I leaned my head back and managed to fall asleep in no time.

I woke up the next morning of the bright sunlight coming from the windows. Then I notice Nick sleeping on the sofa. Oh my god my baby. When did he come in here? He's so cute.

"Good morning Ms Gambino. Oh you're already up."
The nurse says smiling holding a plate with food. She looks at the sofa where Nick was sleeping and smiles.
"He really loves you."
She says. I look at him as well and smile.

"Yeah, and I love him too."

"I'm going to leave you guys alone. If you need anything you now what to do."
She says and walks away. I looked at the food. Mmm hospital food. I think to myself. Then I hear Nick groaning.

"Good morning mamas."
He says  with his raspy morning voice.

"Good morning."
I say taking a bite of my unseasoned omelette. "You didn't have to sleep here, you know."
I say smiling at him.

"But I wanted to."
He says walking over to me sitting on the chair next to my bed. I run my fingers through his hair.

"You're so cute."
I say. He takes my hand and kisses it.
"Want some?"
I ask showing him the plate with food.

"I'm good. Eat up babe."
Oooh so he calling me babe now, okuuurrr.
Suddenly all you hear is my heart monitor beeping faster. Clearly indicating he had an effect on me. He looked at the monitor then back at me with raised eyebrows. I giggled. He leaned in closer and kissed me, but he didn't stop there, instead he started a make out session to which the monitor started beeping like crazy. He started laughing. I leaned my head back giggling.

"I think it's broken."
He chuckles.

"Sure, sure. You can lie all you want."

"Lie? Bitch, I bet if you were connected to this shit it would be beeping every time you fucking look at me."
I say. He giggles.

"Yeah, probably."
He says. Once again my heartbeat beats faster. We both start laughing.

"Ow my chest."
I say putting my hand over It. The doors suddenly open and in runs Catherine with Elle in her arms and Austin right behind her. I'm surprised no nurse has stopped people from just running in and out of my hospital room.

"Chantel oh my god! How are you feeling?"
She says running over to me.

"I'm good, I'm good."
I say giggling a little.

"I swear I knew Andre was gonna come back and mess up shit as soon as you father passed away. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you sleep there, then this wouldn't have happened."
She says all panicked.

"Breathe Catherine. It's all fine. It's not your fault at all. Please don't stress about it I'm fine and everything is under control."

"I know, I know, I just feel so bad."
She says holding my hand.

"Please don't it's all fine and he's no longer living so he won't be able to mess with our life's anymore."
I say. She nods and looks at Nick.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Catherine, this is my daughter Elle and my boyfriend Austin."
She says as Austin walks over to him and daps him up.

"Hi I'm Nick."
He says, as he walks up to Catherine and Elle instantly grabs his finger.
"Wanna hold her?"
Catherine asks. Nick takes her in his embrace and wow he looked so good like father.

"Hi Elle, my name is Nick."
He says with a baby voice and she started laughing.

"Wait, that's her first time laughing."
Austin says.

"You're right."
Catherine adds.
"What's up with you guys, animals and babies love you. What's your secret?"
She laughs. Nick looks at me and I look at him as we smile at each other.

"I don't know really."
I say. Nick walks over to me with Elle and so we play with her while Catherine and Austin take a seat on the sofa keeping us company.