XLVII

I woke up to Angelo crying. Quickly I got up and took Angelo down to the kitchen to get him some breakfast.
"Would you like some banana baby?"
I ask putting him in his high chair.

"Nana."
He says nodding and trying to grab the banana.

"Okay Angelo, mama will give you a banana."
Then I open the banana and give him little pieces.
"Yummy Huh?"
Angelo nods. I hear Nick walk down the stairs.

"Good morning, dada is heading of to the studio. I'll see you guys later."
He says and kisses Angelo. Then he turns to me and tries to kiss me, but I turn the cheek to him.

"Goodbye."
I say cold. He sighs and just starts walking towards the door.

"Dada wok."
Angelo says.

"Yes bebe, dada work."
"That's all he ever does."
I whisper and pick Angelo up.

"Can you stop that?"
Nick asks. I stop in my tracks and give him a side eye before totally ignoring him and taking Angelo to his room. I hear Nick following me.
"How long are you gonna do this?"

"Do what?"

"Be petty."

"I don't know what you're talking about Nick."

"Just stop. You don't have to act like you don't care. Just stop being so negative."
I squint my eyes at him. I couldn't believe his words. Does he not care about me anymore? Is he just gonna keep being a jerk? Tears started forming but I hid it from him, I don't want to seem weak.

"Okay."
I say and turn towards Angelo who was playing with a little toy. Nick just walked out of the house.

Nick's POV
Last night I felt really guilty which I still do especially since we didn't work things out. I know she's right but at the same time I hate being in the wrong so I just couldn't admit that I agreed. Most of all I think it hurt hearing her say I was like my father, I never want to hear anything like that again.
"Are you okay?"
Brandon asks sitting next to me in the studio.

"Yeah, I'm all good."

"You seem distant. Talk to me bro."
He continues.

"Nah it's just some shit at home."

"Dude, you know you can tell me anything.
If something's worrying you, you can talk to me or any of us about it."
I hesitate at first but then again these guys are like my family, I can tell them anything and I know they'll help me.

"Chantel and I had a fight yesterday. She was really mad at me for not spending any time at home anymore."
I say.

"Well why aren't you?"
Edwin asks.

"I miss them a lot, I really really do. But now that our career is at it's peak I don't want us to fall back again. I want us to stay at our prime. So I'm spending extra in the studio just trying to perfect everything."

"But we're a team, you're not supposed to carry our careers. If we want to perfect anything we'll do it together but there's no reason to be obsessive about it. Even if our career is peaking right now, it's because we are ourselves."
Brandon says.

"Nick, listen bro. I was like that at first as well, but then I realized no kind of fame or money makes me feel better than having Cindy by my side."
Zion says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's true. I might not have the best contact with Chantel, but I know for a fact that you love that girl more than life itself, not only that but you have Angelo now, we know you'd do anything for him, but right now you're not doing enough. You better get back on the track before you lose what's most important to you."
Austin says. They were all right. I've almost forgotten what a great life I already have.

"You're right guys."
I say looking down at my lap.

"Look at me Nick."
Edwin says. I look up at him.
"You better get your ass up and go back home and tell her how much you appreciate her before it's all to late. Never let a girl feel neglected and don't miss all the new things your son is learning."
He continues and points at the door.
"C'mon, go! You've already worked enough."

They were right. I've been way to egotistic and only been thinking about myself. That's my son, my blood. Chantel's my fiancée I have to give her the attention she deserves.

I park outside of the house and quickly unlock the door before barging in.
"Baby, I'm so sorry, I'm so so sor- Babe?"
I say once I realized I couldn't find her.
"Baby?"
I yell a little louder while walking around in the house. She was no where to be found and neither was Angelo. I called her a few times but soon decided to just stay in and wait for her.

After I've been waiting for 30 minutes I decided to go over to Cindy and Alissa's and see if she was there.
"Oh hi Nick, what's up?"

"Hi Cindy, Is Chantel here?"
I ask. She just shakes he head.

"Why?"

"I can't find her."
I say as I start taking some steps backwards to my car.

"I'll text you if I hear from her."

"Thanks, bye."
I say and drive to Catherine's.

"Have you seen C?"
I ask Catherine.

"Oh hi Nick. No, no I haven't. Has something happened?"

"I can't find her anywhere. She doesn't answer her phone, she doesn't answer her texts and she's no at Cindy's place."

"Oh no, do you want me to help you find her?"
She asks grabbing her shoes.

"Nah you all good, don't stress to much, you're pregnant."

"Are you sure?"

"100 percent, I'll text you when I find her."

"Okay Nick, good luck."
She says and I once again get back in my car. I don't know what to do anymore, where do I go?