XVI

I was back in the studio the next day. We kept working on the song. We decided to make it a bit more energized, so that when I play it on my tour it'll keep the happy vibe going. I was by the computer with my headphones on trying to find the right beat. Suddenly the door opens. I couldn't believe my eyes. Kehlani? She walks over to YG and gives him a kiss. Oh yeah, they're dating. She walks over to me with a smile and greets me with a warm hug.

"Oh my god, hi Chantel. I've heard so much about you."
I couldn't get a single word out.

"Wh-I-me oh-ye-yeah thanks. You too!"
You too? You too?! I sound like a fool. She giggles.

"Relax girl, breath."

"I'm sorry. I jus-I just love your music. You're a big inspiration."
I say. She puts her hand on my shoulder as she sits down on a chair next to me.

"Thank you so much."
She says in a humble way.
"Mind if I listen to what you've been working on?"

"Nah, go ahead."
I gave her my headphones and started the instrumental. She was nodding her head with the beat. Every 30 seconds she glance over at me giving me a nod.

"Damn it's good."
She says. I chuckle.

"You think? I had a lot of help from Jeremih and YG. I'm trying to figure out if I can perfect it."

"I get it. I like the way you keep pushing forward. It's good. Gotta keep ya grind going."

"Thank you! Yeah I can be a procrastinator, but I find this really interesting. I love everything that has with music to do so it's easy to focus.

"You're lucky you found your passion so young."

"Imma leave you to it Chantel. Hope I see you again some time. Good luck with the song."
She says as we both stand up and hug.

"It was so nice to meet you. Thank you very much."
She blows me a kiss and says bye to YG before heading out.

@chanteljeffries

103 849 likes@cahnteljeffries Thank you @jeremih for being such a big inspiration and helping me out on the way

103 849 likes
@cahnteljeffries Thank you @jeremih for being such a big inspiration and helping me out on the way. I've learned so much from you and seen some incredible talent. I was so blessed to be working with you! Yeah, sorry we ain't got no pic together:/
100 627 comments
@jeremih Honestly, even though you're young and unexperienced, you have such a talent and you learn so fast.

@yg straigh up fire. Raw talent!
@cahnteljeffries @yg only learning from the best!

@therealnickmara damn my baby beautiful!❤️🥰
@cahnteljeffries @therealnickmara I love you baby.🥰😘

@kehlani so gold hearted and you have such a beautiful soul. Such a pleasure to be around.
@cahnteljeffries @kehlani You have such a positive energy. Honestly it was so nice meeting you.

@edwinhonoret life be blessing you!
@cahnteljeffries @edwinhonoret yours too!

@alissaviolet Miss you boo!
@cahnteljeffries @alissaviolet miss you babeee!

@bradon_arreaga hope y'all come out with the song soon. Can't wait to hear it.
@cahnteljeffries @brandon_arreaga it'll come out sooner than expected!

@wolfiecindy Damn, you gorgeous!
@cahnteljeffries @wolfiecindy you are gorgeous my princess!!

@zionkuwonu you with Jeremih!!?? WTH that's my dudeeee!!
@cahnteljeffries @zionkuwonu yes yes!!!

~

"Chase the summer."
I say. Jeremih nods.

"Yeah, I think that's good."
Jeremih says. We decided 'Chase the summer' should be the name of the track. He walked back into the booth were he sang a little. We weren't completely sure about the lyrics yet. We had the chorus which was majority of the song. But we had to have the right verses.

"Try this;
I see paradise in your eyes, ain't trippin'
Unless we got tickets to buy, big tipper
I bought another round at the bar, big dripper
She smokin' like a Cuban cigar"

"Ayo that's good."
He says and starts singing it. It felt like it had a great vibe to it. Lucie walked into the studio. She started bopping her head to the song.

"I like it, I like it."
She says. I nod my head and laugh.

"Thank you."

Nick's POV
The show was just done. I was sweaty and exhausted. But the crowd kept my energy going. I haven't spoken to Chantel in 2 days. Which honestly did feel like a lot, but I don't want to be a burden now that she's working with her music.

"So Maggie is coming tomorrow."
Brandon says clapping his hands. I was kinda jealous, because I wanted Chantel to be here too. But hey she has shit to do and I gotta respect that.

"Y'all ever been afraid that like your girlfriends will cheat while y'all are so far away?"
Edwin asks I quickly glare at him

"What kind of a questions is that?"
Austin asks.

"I'm just wondering."

"He'll Nah!"
I say.
"I trust her to 100%"

"Yeah, When you're in a relationship the last thing you should do is sit and assume all the time. Being paranoid is really toxic. If anything were to happen I would find out eventually no need for me to jump to conclusions."
Austin says.

"Exactly."
Brandon comments.

"Yeah, I get that. But like sometimes you gotta have this little thought in the back of your head."
Zion says.

"Yeah, you guys remember last tour. When Tiffany was in LA, while we were on the function tour and we face timed everyday yet she managed to fuck around with other guys behind my back."
Edwin says. Zion puts his hand on Edwins shoulder.

"I mean nothing has ever indicated that she'd cheat or anything like that."
I say.

"She's loyal. And we notice you trust her I mean there are not many guys that would let their girls be alone in a studio with two guys."
Brandon says.

"Well, obviously she wouldn't do anything with them. We speak pretty often and I know for a fact they're only there to work."
I say. They all nod in agreement. But I can't lie, this conversation sparked a little feeling I didn't want to feel. The feeling of being afraid and insecure. I do my want to be like that, I don't want to seem like I don't trust her because I do. My phone vibrates. It was Chantel.

"Hi babe."
I say.

"Hi baby! Whatcha doin'?"
She asks.

"Nothing just got done with the show. You?"

"I'm in the studio working on the song stills I kinda missed you though so I decided to call you."
She says. And so we proceeded to talk about everything that's been going on these past two days. I never knew I could miss a human this much.