VII

"We will be operating your wrist tomorrow morning and then we will take a closer look on how your ribs are holding. From there on we will give you medication so that your ribs can heal faster naturally."
I nod.
"Does it still hurt when you're breathing?"
He asks.

"No, not as much. I can giggle a little now, but it will hurt after some time."

"Yeah, you need to be very gently when it comes to laughing, coughing and sneezing. It will probably hurt a lot now in the beginning. Your ribs should be all good in 1-2 months. Your skull fracture will also grow back to normal on it's own. We will call you in for regular check ups to make sure everything is going as planned."
He says very informatively.

"Okay good. Thank you very much."

"No need to thank me, I'm just doing my job."
He says smiling, I smile back. He walks out of the room. Nick was in a meeting again and I finally had some time for myself.

What are me and Nick right now? I don't really understand. Because he can kiss me and call me babe out of nowhere yet we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend. It's really really confusing at this point.

My dms are bombed with fans sending me nice messages telling me to get better and it honestly warms my heart.

"Hi babes."
Alissa says walking into the room. Cindy walks after her.

"Oh my god, how are you doing?"
Cindy asks. I give out a little smile.

"I'm a little better now. I'm operating my wrist tomorrow. The skull and my ribs will heal on their own, so I'm coming home soon."
Alissa smiles and nods and so does Cindy.

"We talked to the police. We gave them all the evidence and they were very thankful and told us there's nothing more we can do. So it's all up to them."
Cindy then says. I nod.
"They'll have to talk to you though."

"Yeah, I mean they gotta hear what you say about it, after that they'll discuss his jail time."
I freeze at Alissa's words.

"What do you mean jail time? He's dead."
I say. They look at each other then they look back at me.

"Chantel you didn't kill him."
Cindy says.

"I shot him in the head!"
I raise my voice.

"You shot him in the head, but you were shooting from a distance that only made him pass out, it didn't kill him."
Alissa says. There's no way!

"B-But why didn't anybody tell me this."

"We thought you knew. But clearly you didn't get the news."
Alissa added. Tears escaped my eyes. They both hugged me.

"Don't cry, he's gonna go to jail and this time he will stay there longer."
Cindy says wiping my tears.

"Cindy you don't get it. He'll come out of jail one day and that day he might not kill me but he'll probably do something even worse and kill everyone I love. That guy wanted revenge, yet he instead got jail time again."
I say while leaning my head back.
"I really need dad right now."
Damn, what happened to me. I used to not give a shit about assholes like him. I was never scared and I could always defend myself. But Andre was a weak point, he manipulated me with his psychopathic behavior and I feel like I freeze when I see him doing anything to me.

"C, listen, this won't be easy we all know that. But we will keep an eye on him and I promise you that. I've talked to Catherine, and when her father heard about this he was furious. So he won't get to you ever again."
Alissa says. Honestly it did help a little, knowing Catherine's father, he is very impulsive. Yet I can't stay fully calm. You see, Andre is a jackass not a dumbass, sometimes he's smarter than you think.

"Chantel, I understand you're afraid, but he will be in prison for many years. He has no way of coming close to you."
Cindy says. I nod, she was right, he has no way of getting to me, I need to let this go now.

"Hi guys."
Nick says walking into the room.

"Hi."
We all say. He walks over to me and gives me a kiss.

"Listen guys, we have to go. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon when you're done with the operation."
Alissa says. I nod as they give me a hug and walk out of the room. I instantly start crying. I couldn't keep it in anymore. I put my hand on my chest because it hurt so much from my uneven breathing, but the tears kept rolling Nick looked at me with wide eyes.

"Chantel? Why are you crying."
He asks sitting on the chair next to my hospital bed. He put his hand on my arm.
"Please talk to me C."
He says with pleading eyes.

"Andre isn't de-dead."
I say. His eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean he isn't dead?"
He knew what I meant but I think he was just as surprised as me.

"He isn't dead Nick. I didn't kill him. My shooting distance only made him pass out, not die!"
I yell.

"That-that's not possible. Who told you that?"

"Alissa and Cindy told me. I don't know what to do now."

"He will go to jail don't worry about that."
He says wiping my tears away.

"But I have to see him in trail. I have to sit there and look at him, after everything he did."

"Chantel, you can do this. I know you, you don't take anybody's shit. People don't fuck with you. So why would you let him fuck you over."

"I know Nick, but Andre's not the same, that's all."
I say tilting my head back as I sigh.

"Fuck him Chantel...actually don't fuck him, fuck me. But fuck him."
He says with a smirk, I smile at him as I give out a little chuckle as I put my hand on his cheek. You gotta be lucky to have a guy like him in your life.

I've got you<3                                                       |nick mara|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara