XLI

Chantel's POV
I walk out and there Simón was parked waiting for me. I get in the car.
"Hi C, you ready?"

"Yup."
I say as he drives away. He stops in front of a little corner shop that his dad owns. Before we get out of the car I put on a balaclava and so does Simón since this shop has cameras.
"So this is where he's sleeping?"

"Yup, I guess he didn't want anybody to know that he was out of prison before he really felt it was safe. So Andre broke into our fathers corner shop and sleeps here."

"Does your dad know this?"
I ask.

"Nope. He has no idea but I heard something in the back of our shop so I checked my cameras and I saw Andre sneaking in. Then I found him sleeping in the back one night."

"Wow, he's not really that secretive is he."
Simón shook his head. We both got out and Simón opened the shop from the back where there isn't a shop-bell so we won't wake Andre up. We get in and Simón puts his finger in front of his mouth telling me to be quiet. He gets into the room where Andre is sleeping and handcuffs his arms to the water pipe next to him.

"What the fuck?!"
Andre yells as he woke up from Simóns sudden action.

"Good morning."
Simón says.

"Simón??"

"Hello Andre."
I say as I walk into the room.

"What is she doing here?"

"Does it matter?"
I ask as I pull out the gun from my back pocket.

"Simón, you gonna let her do this?"
Andre asks. Simón looked at Andre with a stone face not saying anything.
"To your own blood?"

"I wasn't your blood when I was in danger. Remember when I got held hostage and you stole all my money? Well I sure as hell wasn't your blood then. Or maybe the time when you stabbed me 4 times because I didn't want to rob our parents of their money? I wasn't your blood then either. What makes me your blood now?"
You could hear the hurt in Simóns voice as he said those words. Andre looked down at the floor with maybe a tiny bit of regret.

"Chantel, baby, don't do this shit.
Remember what happened last time?"
He then says.

"Oh Andre. Of course I remember and now let me show you how well I learn from my mistakes."
I say and get as close as possible before shooting him once in the head and once in the stomach. I look at Simón who looked at me.

I helped Simón carry Andres body to the car then I got the bleach, masks and gloves out of my duffle bag and we both started cleaning the space where there was blood. Simón then remembered he could just delete the footage of the murder from the cameras. We got back in the car and I started crying. Simón gave me a hug.

"It's okay C, I know it wasn't easy but you have nothing to worry about now."
He says.

"Simón this isn't me anymore, I have a fiancé whom I love and a child that I would die for, I can't live this kind of life."
I say as I keep crying.

"Shh Chantel. You are all safe now. If he was still alive there's a big chance that at least one of you three would get hurt."

"What am I gonna do with the body know?"
I ask.

"I'll take care of it.

"No Simón it's my dirty work, remember?."

"Stop C, I deal with this a lot in my neighborhood, it's nothing new. I'll drop you off at home and then I'll take care of this."

"Thank you."
I say as we started driving back home. The whole time I could just think about how bad of a person I am. I'm a murderer, I deserve to go to prison. I walked into the house where the light was turned on and Nick was standing, looking at me from the kitchen.

"So that guy was your errand?"
He asks clearly mad.

"What?"

"I know who you were with, I saw his car. That's that Simón-guy or whatever his names is. He is your errand?"

"You don't understand."

"No, you're right I don't. I don't fucking understand what it is you're doing right now. Why are you acting like this all secretive and hiding things from me."

"Listen Nick, you better not think I did anything with him, because I didn't."

"Well you leave me no choice but to think just that."
He says now standing in front of me.

"Nick listen to me."
I say as I take his hands in mine.
"Sim-Simón is Andre's brother."
Nick quickly snatched away his hands from mine.

"Andre as in the Andre that tried to kill you? Are you out of your goddamn mind? You have a child you have to protect C, not let guys like that into our liv-"

"Nick!"
I interrupt him. Thank god Alissa and Cindy are at the boy's place, they would not be able to sleep through this.
"Andre is out of prison and now he's dead."
I say as I could feel the tear forming in my eye again. Nick froze and his eyes slowly widen.

"What do you mean?"

"Simón came over to tell me that Andre is out of prison so I told him to pick me up so we could get rid of him for good before anything bad happens."
Now I was full on crying. Nick quickly pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Babe, are you serious?"
I nod.
"Why didn't you tell me anything. You know we never keep secrets."

"I-I know. Bu-but I didn't want you to get involved. I couldn't let anything bad happen to you."

"Baby, you're my ride or die I'd do anything for you."

"By Nick we have a child now. It's no longer the two us, it's three. We can't just go around and risk our lives."

"You're right, you're right babe. I'm sorry I just don't want us to keep secrets from each other, it ain't healthy baby."
He says hugging me even tighter.

"I know babe. I'm just doing what's best for you."
I whisper and give him a kiss. Then we just went back to bed.