XLIX

Nicks POV
I look at her sitting tied to a chair. She was covered in cuts and bruises. Her head jolted up, as our gazes meet and her eyes widen at my sight. Her mouth was covered with duct tape. I walk over to her as tears started forming in my eyes. The closer I got the weaker my knees became and once I was in front of her I fell to my knees. It broke my heart, I failed her, I totally and utterly failed her.
"You!"
I say turning around looking at Alexys.
"You fucking cold hearted bitch! How could you do this?"

"You want the short story or you want me to tell you in details?"

"I want you to get out of here and never come back. Never get in touch with any of us or even look at us. I'm not kidding, you better watch your back."
I say standing on my feet again.

"What are you gonna do about it?"
She asks. All of a sudden I see her reach for something at the side of her thigh and in the blink of an eye, I feel this sharp pain in my left hip. This bitch just stabbed me. I hear Chantel screaming as loud as she could with that duct tape on. Alexys just giggled and walked out like nothing. I grunt while walking towards the exit door of the isolation cell, I See her walking down the hall and without hesitation I shot her straight in the back. I ran up to her as quick as I could with the pain in my hip and shot her two more times making sure she's dead.
"You made a big mistake telling them guards to go."
I say and start halting back to Chantel. I quickly rip of the duct tape which revealed a sock in he mouth that she spits out. Her lip was bleeding and her eye was blue.
"Baby, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"It's not your fault Nick, just please get me out."
I untie the ropes, her hands massages the sore parts of her arms. She had a hard time standing up. Suddenly I see her take of her t shirt now only sitting in her tank top.

"What are you doing?"

"Your stab wound Nick, you're gonna loose so much blood."
She says as she lifts my shirt and presses her shirt against the wound to try and keep the pressure. It hurt like a motherfucker but I had to keep it together. I held the shirt against my sound and put her arm around my shoulder to support her while walking.

"Where's Angelo?"

"He's in the car with Simón."

Simón saw us through the window and immediately got out.
"Chantel? What did she do to you?"

"It doesn't matter."
She says as if she was ashamed of it all.
"My baby."
I lead her to the car, she gets in and hugs Angelo. Simón and I look at each other.

"Where's Alexys?"

"In hell, I hope."
I say and get in the car. Simón saw me holding the bloody shirt against my abdomen and his eyes widen.

"What the hell happened over there?"

"The bitch stabbed me."

"You have to go to the hospital"

"I'll take care of it"
Chantel says.
Simón shook his head and drove us home. I thanked him for telling me and helping me through everything. Who know's what would've happened to Chantel if he wasn't here.

We got through the door and Chantel immediately got the first aid kit out. She had a little more energy now. She took a towel, needle, thread, gauze and sanitizer. First she sanitizes they wound which stung like a bitch. She took the towel and put it between my teeth before starting to sow the wound together. It was an excruciating pain. Once she was done she exhaled as if she was holding her breath the whole time. We looked at each other and kissed. I missed her lips and her love. I missed being around her and letting her take care of me, she's the most loving woman ever.

Than night we went to bed exhausted. I didn't ask her about what happened. It's not something I wanted to bring up, since I know it must have been traumatizing. I'll ask her another time when it feels right.

Chantel's POV
I woke up in the middle of the night 2:30 AM to be exact. I looked at Nick but he wasn't there. The light was on in the kitchen and I decided to go and se what's up. He was sitting by the kitchen table drinking a glass of whiskey. Since when does he drink whiskey? I walk up behind him and put my hands on his shoulders before sitting down next to him.
"What are you doing up babe?"
I ask. He looks at me without saying anything. Slowly I see his eyes starting to water. I placed my hand on his cheek. He put his hand on mine before kissing it. He started crying, I quickly gave him a hug not being used to his sensitive side.
"Baby don't cry."

"I-I failed you. Ch-Chantel I failed you."

"You didn't fail me Nick."

"I did. You are my fiancée, I'm supposed to be your safety shield, I'm supposed to take all your pain, be there for you and make sure you're never hurt. But look at me, first I let you be in emotional pain and then I let you be in physical pain."
My eyes started getting glossier and I just kissed him.

"Nick, neither of us knew this was gonna happen, okay?"

"That's how it was last time with Andre too."

"But you always save me Nick, you always end up being my hero."

"I'm not Chantel, I'm not a hero. You don't need a hero, you need somebody who makes sure you're never put in danger."
He says and takes another sip of whiskey.

"Hey hey, I'm raised with danger, danger is a part of my life. It's not the first time Nick, I can handle myself. You are not supposed to feel like my life depends on you."

"But Chantel, I hurt you first. Me, your fiancé, the guy you're supposed to marry, I made you feel like shit. I made you feel like I don't care about you, I made you feel like work is more important to me."
He says and takes my hands into his.
"I spoke to the guys earlier today and told them what happened between us. They told me to come back here and talk to you because nothing is more important than family, and they were right. But the worst part is that I listened to them and didn't listen to you in the first place."

"Baby, these things happen okay? We are not the first couple to go through rough patches. I love you no matter what happens and I know you love me, you showed me today that you still care. Nothing will split us up, because we can get through everything together."
I say. He looks up at me and kisses me passionately.
"My lip babe."
I say since it was still hurting.

"I'm sorry."
He says before picking me up bridal style and carrying me up to the bedroom, where we finally fell asleep in love and peace.