LXVII

I walked out of the hospital room where Nick was and I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't comprehend the fact that he was no longer with me.

Brandon❤️

Is nick home yet?

Brandon, I don't
know how to say this.
Nick is no longer with
us.

~
Immediately he called me.

"Stop playing C."
He says, I start crying again and he realized I was serious.
"Where are you right now?"

"I'm at the hospital."

"We're coming!"
He says and hangs up. I told Debbie and she was crushed, we were crying together not really knowing how to keep going from this. She booked the earliest flight. I decided it was best if I called the rest of the guys, to inform them.

"Hi C, what's up?"
Zion whispers.
"The kids are sleeping by the way. Hey, are you crying? What's going on?"

"Nick got shot."

"What?!"

"He didn't make it."
I say breaking into tears again.
"I'm at the hospital, Brandon is on his way. Please stay with the kids at least one of you, I don't know what to tell them yet."

"Ci-Cindy, Nick, Nick is dead."
He says as his voice shakes.

"What?! Stop playing Zion, who is pranking you?"

"Cindy, It's Chantel, she's at the hospital, Nick got shot. He's dead!"
Zion says and his voice got more and more shaky. I heard Cindy gasp.

"Let me talk to her."
She says.
"Chantel, how are you doing, when did this happen?"

"I got a call 1 hour ago. He's really dead."
I say holding my hand over my mouth stoping myself from crying loudly.

"Oh my dear. Zion is getting dressed now, he'll be there right away. I love you Chantel, please stay strong for me!"

"I love you Cindy."
I say and hang up. I hear rushed footsteps as I see Brandon and Maggie sprinting.

"Oh my God, Chantel."
Brandon says and hugs me. Maggie was kneeling in front of me with her hands on my knees.

"I can't believe it, I really can't."

"Damn."
Brandon says as I see his eyes getting watery. I hug him now, knowing all of us need comforting at the moment.

"Have you talked to Debbie?"
Maggie asks. I nod.

"Yep, she's totally broken."
I say. Brandon and I both start crying again. It was a mess. What is my life even without him. He is my everything, he is my soulmate. Zion came a few minutes later. His eyes were red from crying

"How are you holding up C?"
He asks giving me a hug, I hug back tight. He started crying in my embrace, I started crying as well.
"He was so young."
He whisper cries.

"None of us even got to say goodbye."

"Do Austin and Edwin know?"

"Not yet."
I say.

"They deserve to know."
Brandon says. I nod.

"Absolutely, I just don't know how to tell them."

"Like you told us. There's no easy way to break it to 'em."

"Listen, Brandon and I'll stay the night with you. It's meaningless for us to sit at the hospital."
Maggie says moving some of my hair out of my face.

"Yes, Maggie's right. I don't want to leave you alone right now."
Brandon says.

"I'll call Edwin and Austin and I'll inform them about what happened."

"Thank you Zion."
I say. We hug one last time.

Once I got home I got calls from both Austin and Edwin and Catherine. They were all crying and asking me how I was doing. Brandon, Maggie and I talked all night comforting each other. I'm thankful for them, for having them by my side at the toughest time ever. My eyes were puffy, nose runny and my head was hurting. It was so hard to believe that Nick was no longer a part of my life.

"How am I gonna tell my kids?"
I ask with Teddy next to me clearly noticing something's wrong.

"We'll all be with you."
Brandon says blowing his nose.

"Let's go to bed. I don't want to be awake anymore."
I say walking upstairs. I tried falling asleep but I couldn't, it was so empty without him. No more Nick to sleep next to me, no more Nick to help with the kids, no more Nick to tell me he loves me but most importantly no more Nick to give love to.