III

"Good morning, I'm so sorry about Elle, she wouldn't fall asleep."
Catherine says as she walks out of her bedroom into the kitchen.

"Don't worry about it."
I say. Yeah, I kind of barely slept but at the same time what did I expect?

"Have you talked to Alissa and Cindy?"

"Yeah, I'm probably going over to theirs tonight."
I say as I eat a spoonful of cornflakes.

"Okay. Well listen, you know I love to have you here and I would love to have you here with us forever, but for your own best maybe you should sleep in your old house with them. It's not because I don't want you here but Elle is really cranky and I feel so bad for you because we are pretty restricted now that she's so young."
Catherine says. I understand her, it's not so easy to have a newborn you have to take care of plus having a guest to handle.

"I totally understand Cath. I'll talk to them, they won't mind."

"Okay, it's all up to you though, don't think it's because I want you out the house."
She says. I starts laughing.

"Butch, why the fuck you talking to me like I'm some stranger. I know you love me, da fuck."
I say nudging her shoulder.

"Mmm, Don't know 'bout that, love is a strong word."
She says. I chuckle while squinting my eyes.

"Oh what, now you only got love for Austin and Elle. You've forgot about me huh."
She starts laughing.

"Shut up hoe."
We always have these small play fights.

"Yo, why you guys swearing like that in front of my princess."
Austin says holding Elle and the vlog camera. That camera is literally attached to his hand all the damn time. They started getting more subscribers and I'm really happy for them. Deep inside I feel like they are gonna be pretty big some day.

I started driving to Alissa and Cindy's house, aka my old house. I stood in front of it and just took in the view I've missed so much. Before I could even knock, the door opened and both Alissa and Cindy threw themselves at me.
"CHANTEL!!"
They both yell. I started laughing as I almost fell over.

"I missed y'all so much!"
I yell. We walked in the house and of course the whole prettymuch crew was there. These guys are every fucking where.
"Oh hello guuys."
I say walking into the living room.

"Hi chanteeel!"
They all said in unison. Which was really creepy.

"Uhh, hi. Brandon, where's Maggie?"
I ask since I haven't seen her yet.

"She's visiting her parents in Vegas this week."

"Oh, that's fun."
I say as I turn to Alissa.
"By the way I'm sleeping here for the rest of my stay."

"Yaaaayy!"
She jumps up and down.

"Ayo! You gotta move back C."
Edwin says.

"I'm gonna' in 6 months."

"That's way to long."
Brandon says. I chuckle.

"Okay, I'm gonna go take my clothes out of my suitcase and put them in my closet. See ya soon."
I say standing up taking my suitcases up the stairs and start unpacking. There wasn't that much to unpack, because I knew I was gonna be borrowing Alissa's and Cindys clothes anyway. Suddenly Nick peeks in.

"Hi."
He almost whispers.

"Hi."
I say as I just folded my last shirt.
"What's up?"

"Nothing, just thought we'd do something we haven't done in a long time."
He says. If he's talking about sex I swear to god...I'm down. But to my surprise he takes out a joint from his hoodie. My mouth curves into a smile. I really missed smoking with him. I dragged him, to the balcony, by his arm. We sat down on the sofa like we did last year. It did bring back some memories to be honest. I lit the blunt as I tilted my head back in enjoyment. He sat next to me looking at me, I look at him as well before he turned his gaze back at the balcony view.

"So, how are things with your mother?"
I ask he takes a hit of the blunt and nods.

"It's better."
There was a pause.
"She misses you though."
He says and chuckles. I smile at his words.

"I miss her too, even though I've only met her once."

"Yeah I know, but she really hasn't felt like anybody was better for me than you."

"Maybe she's right."
I say boldly. Knowing I'm starting something I shouldn't be starting yet.

"Oh please, you know she is."
He says nudging my elbow. I started giggling. Being with him felt so normal and relaxing. It felt like a breath of fresh air.

"So how are you feeling about your brother?"
I say as I take the blunt from his fingers.

"It's better now. I'm trying not to think about it to much, obviously it's pretty hard to just ignore the fact that your brother is gone but hey, gotta make the best out of every situation."
He says. I felt so bad for him. Deep inside I knew how much this still hurt him and he's really trying not to let it get to him.
"I wanna apologize once again for that whole Alexys thing."

"Don't worry Nick, okay? I get it."
I say putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I just didn't want her to sit at home alone while it's Luna's birthday."

"I know, it's very sweet of you Nick."
He chuckles.

"Yeah well Alexys didn't even remember it was Luna's birthday til I said it."
He says.

"No way!"

"Yup.

"She didn't remember and she was the one who gave fucking birth to her."
I say sitting up straight now.

"I know."
He laughs. I chuckle as I look back at the balcony view.

"This bitch trippin'. Nah nah you fucking played ya self with that one."
I say. He chuckles.

"I know. Listen, sometimes you gotta make mistakes to get to ya senses."
He says before taking the last hit of the blunt and throwing it of the balcony

"Oh shit, my mans getting deep."
I say, he looks at me smirking.

"Ya mans?"
He says and raises an eyebrow.

"We better head down before they suspect something."
I say, he laughs and with that we both get up and walk downstairs to the rest of our friends.