XLIV

Nick and I put Angelo to bed and got under the covers.
"So I was thinking we could leave Angelo with Cindy and Alissa and go on a date this Friday."
I say. Nick smiles and takes my hand.

"That sounds great mamas. I've missed some alone time with you."

"Me too bub, me too."
I say giving him a kiss.

"In exactly a month it's Valentine's Day."
He says. My eyes widen.

"It's January 14?"
I ask surprised. He nods.
"Oh no."

"What?"

"Well now hit's 4 years since mom took her life."

"Oh babe, I'm so sorry."

"No no, I'm sorry. I always ruin our mood with these stuff. Not to long ago it was my father and now it's my mom."
I say as tears start to form.

"Why are you sorry babe. It's not your fault it is how it is. You are free to mourn. I just don't understand how you're this strong."
He says. I sit up and so does he giving me a hug.

"Fuck. You know I don't like talking about my mother to much because it really hurts. I mean yes, I miss my father so so much. But I feel like it's my fault my mother took an overdose, I shouldn't have left her alone."
I say.

I still remember like it was yesterday. She was cooking food, our house was so silent. She barely spoke and most of her time she just spent looking at photos of dad. But I made her cook some food to try and get some life into her again. Then I gave her a kiss before going out and buying some groceries. Once I came back, there she was on the floor. Once I started thinking back to it all I started crying. Nick gave me a bear hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Listen mamas. It's not your fault, it's not anybody's fault."
He says.

"I just don't understand why she would leave me. I know she was hurt because she lost her partner. But now I lost both my parents."

"It's unfair, I know. But you've grown so much. You gained independence and it turned you to the absolute most beautiful woman, inside and out."

"I love you so much Nick, thank you for always listening to me when I have problems."

"Don't thank me babe, that's what I'm here for."

@chantelgamb1no

337 490 likes@chantelgamb1no I still remember the day my world came crashing down, as if it was yesterday

337 490 likes
@chantelgamb1no I still remember the day my world came crashing down, as if it was yesterday. You were such a good human being and the best mom a child could ask for. You were with me through thick and thin, the times I felt the worst you were always there to comfort me. You always put family first and you showed me what real confidence is. Remember when dad was out husslin' and you used to teach me a new food recipe almost everyday while we talked about boys? You're a grandmother now mom, you always wanted to have a grandchild. I'm gonna tell Angelo all about his beautiful grandmother. Man do I wish you were still here with me. Everyday I wonder what you and dad would say if you saw me now. I looked up to the love you and dad had. But your strong love had it's downsides too, unfortunately you couldn't live without him. I wish I could see you one last time and thank you for everything you've done for me. I love you so much mom, and I miss you with all my heart.
Much love, your daughter!😇🕊🙏🏽
299 106 comments
@wolfiecindy I'm crying right now. I just wish I could bring your parents back! I'm here for you my strong best friend. I love you so much. RIP Ms Gambino🕊

@catherinepaiz You are so strong!❤️Damn she was like my second mother. So kind and loving. She was so strongly connected to your father she could never leave his side. RIP Louise!🙏🏽❤️

@austinporter I'm here for you! It's so tragic they both had to leave so soon. Much love.❤️

@zionkuwonu wish I could just meet your parents. They seem like the nicest people ever.❤️

@edwinhonoret keep pushing forward sis! RIP🙏🏽

@izzball Man I feel for you. Don't let negative thoughts take over. They're still with you in your heart.❤️ RIP Mr & Mrs Gambino

@ryanpaiz it always be the best people, miss 'em like hell ;( much love❤️

@alissaviolet they'd be so proud of you and all the things you have accomplished. May they Rest In Peace ❤️