XL

2 months later

I was home alone with Angelo and Cindy. while Nick was out with the rest of the boys and Alissa moving stuff into our new house. Suddenly someone knocks on my door. I open it revealing Simón.

Simón was Andre's you get brother. He was the only one that I'm still friends with. Andre was the oldest of all his brothers so they always listened to him. But Simón was different, he did what was right, not what Andre wanted. Simón never really liked Andre, especially not after everything Andre did to me.

"Simón?"
I say surprised. He giggled and give me a big hug.

"Chantel! How are you?"

"I'm all good."

"Hi, I'm Cindy."
Cindy says extending her arm with Angelo in the other.

"Hi, my name is Simón. And Chantel this has to be your son Angelo."
He says.

"Uh, yeah, how'd you know."
I ask.

"That's what I came to talk about."
Simón says sitting in the couch with me next to him while Cindy was sitting opposite to us playing with Angelo.
"You know what I'll just say it... A-Andre is out of prison."
My eyes widen at his words. I couldn't believe it.

"Wha-I-whe, Andre is out of prison? How? He got a 20 years sentence. This can not be true."
I say and glance over at Cindy who was still sitting with her mouth wide open. Simón looks down at his lap and sighs.

"Yeah but he has connections everywhere C, and you know this."

"Simón we have to do something about this. I am not risking Angelo's or Nick's life. He will not keep scaring me and being in the way of my freedom."
I say as I stand up pacing back and forth.

"Yeah, that's why I told you. Andre is big on revenge and considering what happened last time, he'll have no mercy."

"Fuck."
Cindy whispers.

"Not in front of the baby."
I say. Simón chuckles.
"Listen C, you have a baby now. He can't afford to lose you. Nick can't afford to lose you."
She says. I nod.

"That's why you need to help me Simón. I will not let him slip out of my hands this time."

"Listen C, I can help you get to him but I can not do your dirty work for you."
He says.

"I never asked you to do that."
I say.

"So I'll pick you up a 10 o'clock."

"Bet."
Suddenly the door opens and Nick walks in.

"Hi babe."
He says giving me a kiss.

"Hi baby. This is my friend Simón, Simón this is Nick."
I say. They shake hands.

"Nice to meet you Simón."
He says.

"Likewise. I better get going tho, I'll see you guys."
Simón says as he walks out.

"Who was that?"
Nick asks.

"Oh nobody, just an old friend."
I say, Nick looks at me confused.

"I've never met him before."
I really don't wanna be secretive but I can't tell Nick everything just yet, I know he will try to interfere and I don't want him to get in trouble.

"I know. I haven't seen him in a long while, he just came to visit a little."
I say feeling bad for lying.

"Ohhh okay."
He says giving me a kiss.
"Where's my little baby boy!"
He yells earning a giggle from Angelo.
"Oh there he is."
He says and runs towards Angelo picking him up and throwing him up in the air. This is exactly what I pictured my future to be like.

Nick's POV
I went to bed pretty early considering I've been moving all the furniture and boxes into the new house. But I got woken up to Chantel roaming around in our room. She was picking up different stuff and putting them in a duffle bag. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
"Babe, what are you doing."
She looks at me and freezes.

"I have some errand to do really quick."
I look at my watch. The one she gave me that I'm so in love with <3.

"At 10 o'clock?"
I ask a bit suspiciously.

"Yeah babe don't worry I'll be home soon."
She says and kisses me on the cheek before walking out of the room. I don't want to jump into conclusions, this is the mother of my child and my fiancée, I know she's loyal.