Micah Bell: Out of my System

Micah Bell X Female Reader:

Summary: Other members of the gang are made uncomfortable by your presence, they aren't comfortable with the things you have done in the past and you couldn't really blame them. You thought Micah would be different but he disappointed you, still you were interested in him.

Word Count: 2600

You had joined the Van der Linde gang a short time ago. It would have been nice to say that they welcomed you with opened arms from the very beginning but that wasn't quite true. You weren't the most popular person in the camp, in fact people avoided you more than they avoided Micah Bell.

You had never been cruel to them, never even said a bad word to a member of the gang, but that didn't matter. You still weren't the most approachable person in the world.

When you met Dutch, you had saved his life and that's why he offered you a place in the gang. He felt like he owed you and, to be fair, you were clearly capable. However, even Dutch hesitated before making you the offer. His first encounter with you, you had been covered in someone else's blood and then killed his attacker. He told himself that he caught you at a bad time, even though you seemed unfazed by the whole thing, but he was wrong.

You weren't ashamed of who you were. You were an outlaw, admittedly ruthless, you just didn't care about what they thought of you. When you first joined the gang, they asked you who you were, where you came from, what you do, the usual questions. You knew better than to lie to them and have them find out on their own, so you answered truthfully.

You were an outlaw, skipping town because your face was on wanted posters. When asked why you were on wanted posters, you told the truth. You had nothing to hide.

Ever since that conversation around the campfire, the whole gang knew who you were and became uncomfortable around you. You still went on jobs with them, you were a good shot, they still knew that, but your tendency to shoot first and ask questions later didn't go unnoticed.

You didn't mind how the rest of the gang treated you, you knew that you brought it on yourself. You liked the quiet anyway, always having been one to enjoy your own company more than others.

Admittedly, it was a little amusing to you that people were so uncomfortable around you, even though you did nothing to them. Nobody talked to you just to have a pleasant conversation.

You still remember when Sean had a bit too much to drink and tried to befriend you. You talked to him, you weren't rude or mean, you had a somewhat pleasant conversation. The next day he avoided you, after stuttering an apology for bothering you.

In all honesty...you thought it was pathetic. That a whole gang of outlaws would be uncomfortable around you. You were just like them, a murder and a thief, you just felt less guilty about it.

The one person you thought would understand that was Micah Bell. You had heard the stories and you saw some similarities. He shot first, seemed to enjoy causing trouble, and made people uncomfortable. You saw a possible friendship there. That was until you approached him for the first time and he seemed just as uncomfortable as the others. Interesting but very disappointing. Still, you liked him. Something about him interested you, maybe it was that if anyone could understand you, it was him.

-----

You had started drinking with Micah, noticing that he seemed more relaxed after a drink or two. He wasn't very chatty but had a few interesting stories, in your opinion that made him a pretty decent drinking buddy. He hadn't talked at all during the first few times but you managed to get him talking eventually, it's a good thing you were patient. Admittedly, you enjoyed sitting with him in the evenings with a strong drink.