three

malfoy is NOT a deatheater

        "News? What news?" Kat asked, as Hermione rolled her eyes, thinking that no one had noticed, but Foxfire did. Foxfire always noticed the way Hermione sort of looked down on Kat. She had some weird agenda against her and just didn't seem to like her all that much. Almost like she couldn't trust her. And that was exactly it. Hermione did not trust Kat, as Kat's father had once been a death eater, before taking his life into his own hands. And everyone knew it. And it was sort of shocking when Kat was sorted into Hufflepuff alongside Foxfire. The two definitely came off as Slytherin types. But yet here they were in a house totally unexpected, but understandable, once getting to know the two loving girls.

"It's about Malfoy." Harry finally spoke up, eyeing the others. This caused Foxfire to grow a little more intrigued.

"Draco Malfoy?" Kat asked, with a slight disgusted look on her face.

"What other Malfoy, Kat?" Hermione scoffed at her, making Kat feel brainless, as usual.

"Well, there's Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Malfoy, Hermione. Don't have to be so rude about it." Kat now rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms over her chest, annoyed with Hermione's quick remarks. For someone who was born from no magical parents, she was sure quick to judge another's past based off their own family, and it infuriated Kat to no end. Kat would be just fine with Foxfire as her only friend. But she knew Foxfire loved being a social butterfly. So she sucked it up for the sake of their friendship.

"Anyways, what do you guys think Draco was doing with that weird looking cabinet?" Harry finally asked, interrupting the two girls dispute. "And all those people? It had to have been an initiation, or a ceremony of some sorts."

"Stop it, Harry. I know where you're going with this." Hermione shook her head, in disagreement.

"He has to be one of them." He continued anyways. Ron looked confused, but Kat and Foxfire knew exactly what Harry was talking about. Kat began to grow uncomfortable with the conversation, as she wanted nothing to do with talk of death eaters and Draco. She just was excited to be back at school with her friend and away from her life at home.

"Harry's under the impression that Draco Malfoy is a death eater." Hermione informed Ron, who proceeded to let out a laugh, thinking Harry may just be as crazy as the idea.

"Well then, what's he doing at Borgin and Burkes? Browsing for furniture?" Harry continued in a sarcastic manner.

"Maybe needed some new decor of skulls and bones." Foxfire joked quietly. Foxfire didn't know too much of Malfoy. She had classes with him, and has defended Harry from him before as well, but she never had a real conversation with him before. And she quite honestly, was a little intrigued by him even though Malfoy was a bully, to say the least. And his father was a powerful, but wicked man. And so it wouldn't be surprising if Draco was now a death eater, but as I've said before, Foxfire liked to see the best in others.

"Creepy shop, he's a creepy bloke." Ron shrugged.

"His father is a death eater." Harry explained before Kat began to look uncomfortably out the window, into the train hall.

"Now, Harry, don't be so quick to jump to assumptions." Foxfire spoke up, noticing Kat's manner. "Not all children of death eaters go bad, alright?" She tried her best not to get too worked up, but she sensed her friends emotions, noting that she could probably cry at any given moment, even though Kat was never one to cry. But this was a sensitive subject for Kat. And the one thing she hated most about herself, was being the daughter of a death eater. Harry looked to Foxfire, and finally realized his mistake, as he eyed Kat.

"Oh, Kat, I'm sorry," Harry began.

"It's fine." Kat responded, sounding the opposite of fine, as she stood up, and stormed out of the cabin.

"I'll go get her." Foxfire said, as she too began to depart, but she felt Harry following. "You know, I don't think you'll be able to help the situation right now. She seems kind of pissed." She explained to Harry, not realizing he wasn't actually trying to make an effort to apologize at this moment, but had other intentions.

"I just need some air." He explained. Foxfire looked toward him, raising an eyebrow.

"Sounds suspicious, especially since we are on a train, breathing all the same air. Nothing really fresh about it." She crossed her arms. He still refused to budge with what he was really intending on going to do. "Alright, alright. Fine, keep your little secrets." Foxfire surrendered. "I'll see you around." She raised her hands in defeat, before walking off to find her friend.