twenty one

just a girl, a boy, and their teacher

            Draco, Foxfire and Professor Snape sat in Snape's office, in an uncomfortable silence. Foxfire's white shirt was soaked with Draco's blood. She stared over at him, knowing whatever Snape was to say, probably wouldn't be ideal for their relationship, or their lives. "I see you two have been sneaking about." He finally began as Foxfire looked down. Draco stood in the corner of the room, leaning against the counter.

"Yes, professor." Foxfire looked down, feeling embarrassed. Snape walked over to Draco, leaning toward his ear and whispering something that Foxfire couldn't comprehend.

"I assume she knows?" Snape had muttered. Draco nodded slightly, causing Snape to feel a sense of disappointment, as now another innocent student has been brought into this chaos. "You do realize the consequences of your actions, correct?" He continued to whisper. "Say she gets in the way, you mustn't disobey whatever commands you have." He informed him, sternly.

"Yes, professor." Draco managed to choke out, staring over at the most magnetic and amazing girl he had ever met, disappointed in himself for now dragging her into this, the one thing he was scared most of.

"Take her out of here." Professor Snape finally dismissed the two. Draco grasped onto Foxfire's hand and led her from the room, hurrying down the hall.

"Draco, where are you taking me?" She questioned. He wouldn't respond, he just kept leading her away. "Draco, goddammit, answer me!" She stopped dead in her tracks and pulled her arm away from his. He grew frustrated, as time was limited now, and he stepped closer to her.

"You want to know what I have to do?" He asked in a harsh tone. She stood quietly, waiting for him to speak, as a part of her wanted to know, while the other didn't. "I have to let a group of death eaters into Hogwarts. That cabinet I was always messing with? That's a way to get them here. I have to let them in, and I have to kill Dumbledore!" He shouted in a faint whisper. "I told you, you would never look at me the same again, Foxfire!" He insisted, angry with himself, and knowing full well she was going to leave him. He was letting himself grow vulnerable around her, as tears trickled down his face again. Foxfire grew conflicted, as she didn't want anyone to get killed, especially of course, Dumbledore. And she didn't want Draco to have to kill anyone. He began to walk away, ashamed once more.

"Draco," she called out, as he slowly turned to her. She approached him, grabbing his hands. "You seem to forget who you are talking to." She told him, as he looked down. "I understand you think you're this terrible person, but you're not. And I wont let you do this alone." She told him. He couldn't say anything at this point, as the girl was too stubborn and too bold for her own good. So he leaned forward, grabbing her face, and kissing the top of her head.

"Goodnight, Foxfire." He whispered, before walking away. Foxfire stared after him, hoping he'd turn back around. But he didn't, and she realized that she had a friend she needed to find.

Foxfire quickly turned from her spot, and rushed to the Hufflepuff common room, where Kat sat on her chair, reading a book to herself. Foxfire grabbed her by the arm, as Kat protested a loud "hey!" And led her up to their room.

"What the hell, Foxfire?" Kat snapped, tossing her book on to the bed. "Oh my god, are you okay?" She asked, Foxfire looked confused, before looking down and seeing the blood.

"Oh, I'm fine. It's Draco's." She said quickly.

"What the fuck?" Kat shouted again. "What happened?" She continued to ask, not letting Foxfire really speak.

"Harry attacked him, that's not important right now. Listen, I know you hate me, and I get it. But I need you to understand something. When I met Draco he was broken, yes. And we just ended up connecting and I couldn't stay away. I still can't stay away for fucks sake, but I need you to hear me out. Sometimes you meet someone, and you realize right then and there, that no matter what that person does, or who they are, their mistakes don't define them. And you'd do anything to protect them." Foxfire began, as Kat began to calm down, realizing that her friend was right, as Kat knew that feeling, because she was looking right at her. "Draco is a death eater. You were right. But he didn't want to be! He didn't choose this for himself! His parents forced him! And that would have been you, Kat. And you know it, I know it, christ, Hermione knows it, that's why she bloody hates you. But that's besides the point. I don't judge you on your fathers mistakes. And had he been alive now, and you were forced into this, I wouldn't judge you either. Draco is one of the most caring and kind hearted people I have gotten the pleasure of knowing. He has shown me how to be free. How to be myself. He's had more in depth conversations with me than anyone I've ever known. He's practically handed me his heart on a silver platter, and I can't stay away, because quite honestly, I don't know how and I don't want to. And as my friend, no, as my best friend, I need you to respect that. I need you to accept him and I. I love you so much, Kat. And it hurts me to think we would lose our friendship over this situation. So please, I am begging you, for the sake of the past 6 years together, don't let this break us apart." Foxfire pleaded, as tears began to fill her eyes. Kat stared at her for a few moments, realizing her friend was right. She knew that, and it sucked. But she didn't want to lose her either.

"So what you're saying is," Kat began, looking down at her feet. "Hermione really does hates me, then?" She smirked up at Foxfire, causing her to grin through her tears. Kat approached her, pulling her into a tight hug. "You really care about this kid, don't you?" She asked causing Foxfire to nod into her chest. "Okay. I'm not mad. I'm just going to need some time before you and him decide to have a make out sesh in front of me." She joked again.

"Listen, Kat. There's more I need to tell you. Some shit is about to go down, and I need you to hear me out." And with that, Foxfire sat Kat down, beginning to explain what was to come.