twenty seven

he comes to visit me when i'm dreaming, every now and then

        Early in the morning, Foxfire held all her most important things in a bag, across her shoulder. Her wand hugged her thigh tightly, as she placed it in a garter around her upper leg, making for easy access.

She stared down at her Hufflepuff robes, laying perfectly laid on her bed. She reached her hand out, tracing the sigil patch on the top of the fabric. She most likely would never wear her robes again, and she knew that, because there was no way she could go back to school now. She turned to the door, and walked down the hall, passing her aunts room, where she lay in bed, sound asleep.

Foxfire walked over to her quietly, kissing the top of her head, and walking out. She hurried out the house and down the long drive, where she then disapparated to Privet Drive. She got word from an owl that the Order would be meeting there within the next week or so, as they had to safely transport Harry to the Weasley's home, without getting caught by the death eaters.

She stood staring at Harry's childhood home in which he lived with his horrid aunt and uncle for all of his life that he can remember. She stared at the front door, hesitantly, considering she had been nervous for what was beginning. She lifted her arm up, and gently knocked on the door. Suddenly, it opened slowly, and she was face to face with Harry. He quickly let her in and the two sat down on the ground in front of the fire place. "They really didn't leave you anything, huh?" She scoffed, appalled at his families behavior.

"Only the things they didn't care about. So basically, my room." He shrugged, as she held out another piece of the sandwich she had brought for the two. "So what brings you here, anyways, Foxfire?" He asked her, wondering.

"I wanted to offer my services." She smiled, awkwardly with a mouth full of food. "My aunt works a lot, and on top of that, staying with her would just make it harder to leave." She told him, with a shrug, before looking over at the fire they had lit.

"Does she know of what's to come?" He asked, before taking another bite of the sandwich.

"No." She shook her head. "And I'm keeping it that way. I don't need her to worry, you know?" She told him, with a small smile, feeling sorry for what her aunt would feel if something happens to her.

"Understood." He agreed, before looking over at her, noticing the small bag she carried with her, and realizing she must have nowhere to now go. "Where are you staying, Fox?" He finally asked.

"I figured I'd just find some places until we have more of a game plan, I suppose." She shrugged again, and it was clear she had no idea what she was doing. He reached forward, generously, placing his hand on her extended leg, comfortingly.

"You have a place here. You always do, no matter the circumstances." He told her, as she looked from his hand, and to his eyes. She felt a feeling of warmth enter her body, as she lunged forward, embracing him in her arms, that were draped over his neck.

"Thank you, Harry." She told him, feeling as tears began to prick her eyes. "I will do everything and anything that I can to protect you and our friends." She informed him, thankful for his generosity, but also feeling the first sign of hope.

"Any word from Malfoy?" He finally asked as she pulled apart from him, leaning back on her hands. She shook her head, sadly.

"No. But I expected it." She said, finally. "I don't see that working anymore, honestly. I mean, how could it? I tried to help him, and I knew what he was, but the reality has begun to sink in, and it's just a hopeless thought, I suppose." She shrugged, picking up her drink, and taking a small sip. "I mean, he comes to visit me, when I'm dreaming, every now and then." She laughed, as Harry did as well. "But that's not a relationship, when the Draco I want, isn't here and is just a figment of my imagination at this point." She told him. She felt saddened by the thought of all of this. She felt as though she had to say it out loud, for her to feel like it were true, just to help her get over all of it. He nodded, feeling lost at what to now say, and she could feel the awkward tension surround them. "But anyways," she began, before reaching into her bag and pulling out a big bottle of vodka. "Snagged this bad boy from my aunts before I left. You trying to have some fun?" She smirked with a shrug, as he began to smile.