fifty five

19 years later

           "Come on, don't want to be late for your first day!" A woman with long silver hair, that hung behind her shoulders, shouted, excitedly, as they approached King's Crossing. "I remember a time Harry and Ron missed their train and stole Ron's fathers car to get to Hogwarts." She exclaimed, still finding it amusing.

"Yes, mother, you've told me a million times." The young girl smiled up at her mother, who nudged her to the side a little.

"Did I? Well, I'll tell you a million more." She commented back, as they pushed the cart through to platform 9 3/4. They continued to walk down some, until stopping as they noticed a familiar face ahead.

"Foxfire!" The voice shouted in her direction as they approached them.

"Hermione!" Foxfire exclaimed, jumping up, and hugging her around the neck. She looked down to her daughter who smiled and gave Hermione a big hug as well. Draco, who stood behind the two girls, held a small boy in his arms, who looked to be only 2 years old. The boy held onto his father, carefully, as he watched the strange faces around him. Ron reached down, embracing Foxfire for a moment, before stepping back. Beside them, stood a young girl, at the same age of 11, and a boy named Hugo. Foxfire smiled to both of them as they responded with one as well.

"Hey, Kat." Their daughter, Rose smiled to Foxfire and Draco's daughter. Kat smiled, hugging her familiar friend, and the two girls began chatting away.

"Have you seen Harry yet?" Foxfire asked, looking around.

"He should be here any minute now." Ron responded, as Foxfire's eyes noticed Fred in the distance, with his wife, Angela, and their son, Leon. Foxfire ran over to him, as he lifted her in the air, just as he used to do when they were kids, and then he set her back down.

"Hey, Foxy." He beamed, as she looked to him, happily. Behind him, came Ginny, Harry and their three children. She watched as Kat rushed over to them, and they all gathered in a group hug. It felt good to reminisce on the days she used to come to this exact platform. How every year she would meet with her old friend and they'd climb aboard the Hogwarts Express, preparing for another year. Her eyes looked past the kids and down near one of the pillars, and for just a split second, she could've sworn she saw Kat Harris, still the age they were when she passed, staring over at her with a small smile on her face. An arm wrapped around her back, and she turned quickly to see Draco standing beside her.

"Bye, guys!" Their daughter quickly shouted, attempting to escape onto the train. Foxfire lunged forward, stopping her, and crouched herself in her view.

"Wait," she began, looking at the young girl before her. "I just— I wanted to tell you I love you. And please make this year the best. Meet as many people as you can, and get to truly know them for who they are. And just, please enjoy yourself." Foxfire told her, trying to hold back the tears, for the fact that her first born was heading to Hogwarts now, about to begin a story of her own and a brand new adventure. Kat stared at her mother, before suddenly jumping into her arms, and burying her face in her mother's neck. the two pulled apart, and Kat quickly boarded the train with the other children. Foxfire stood herself to her feet, looking back to Draco once more, as all their friends surrounded them, waving the kids off. Foxfire's lips curled up into a smile, as for the first time in her life, she felt that everything was absolutely perfect.