twenty eight

kat harris really fucked up

Draco Malfoy sat amongst his bed, staring down at his hands, carefully. He was shaky, as he knew who would be coming today, and he hated the thought of seeing him again. He just wished things could have been different, and he also couldn't help but think back to Foxfire, and how they had left things the last time they saw one another. He didn't know where they stood, and he hadn't seen her in weeks. But his time away from Hogwarts was beginning to blur together.

A sudden knock from downstairs had caused him to perk up, as it hadn't been the dark lord, for he would never knock, honestly. Why would he when he's the most notorious villain in the wizarding world at the time? He stood to his feet, hearing as his mother and an unfamiliar voice spoke from below. He grabbed his wand from the bed, and began proceeding to the foyer.

He walked down the staircase, noticing a familiar face in the distance, as she looked up, and the two matched eyes. He felt his heart beat a little faster, as even though it wasn't the face he had wanted to see, it was a familiar one at that. And he hoped he could find out something about the girl who held his captivation for so long now. He approached her, as Kat looked up to him, feeling a sense of hatred flow through her, as not only was he a death eater, but he stole the heart of the girl she loved. And that, couldn't be forgiven.

"Come, follow us." Narcissa told the two, before eyeing Draco, as they followed into a large room, where a long table sat in front of a wide fireplace. Draco took his seat, as Narcissa led Kat and Viola across from him, seating them, before taking her own place next to her husband. At the head of the table, was of course, Voldemort.

Kat grew nervous, even though her mother felt completely comfortable. Voldemort didn't even give them a second thought, as he held a lot of trust with her family, knowing how deeply her father supported him. So they were welcomed there, in open and evil arms. Draco stared over at the girl, carefully. He supposed he'd never known the truth behind her family, and maybe if he had, he would have spoken to her, all considering it was clear she had no desire to be there, just like him.

A presence emerged from the stairwell to their left, and Kat looked over, seeing her professor approach. She always had her suspicions of Severus Snape, but that's all they were, suspicions. She gulped, nervously, before turning back to her hands. Before them, another familiar face floated just above their heads. That of which being, the muggles studies professor.

"Severus," Voldemort's eery voice began, as Kat felt a chill go down her spine. "I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we have saved you a seat." He said an a weirdly, kind tone of voice. Snape took his place beside Voldemort, as he continued to speak. "You bring news I trust?" He asked. Draco looked back to Kat, as she peered up at him, with a wicked glare.

"It will happen Saturday at nightfall." Snape told him, causing Kat to wonder what they were referring to, as she knew if it involved Harry, Foxfire would most definitely be there as well.

"I've heard differently, My lord." Another death eater spoke up. "I've heard that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month. The day before he turns seventeen."

"This is a false trail." Snape spoke up, yet again, and Kat began to worry just a little more. She tuned them out just a little, as she wasn't concerned with any of this, considering she had no desire to join his side. All she wished was she wouldn't have informed her mother of all what was happening. But she also knew that her mother would have found out, and then she'd be in more trouble for not saying anything. She was conflicted, at best. She looked down slightly, noticing the large snake in the room, slither behind her, causing her to tense up even more.

"Where will he be taken, the boy?" Voldemort turned to Snape once again.

"To a safe house. Most likely the home of someone in the Order. I'm told that it has been given every matter of protection possible. Once there, it will be impractical to attack him." Snape continued to stare over at the evil man seated at the head. Draco continued to eye the Harris girl, wondering what she was thinking, and how she would play a role in all of this. Would she become a death eater like he had been forced to? Would she let Foxfire know what all was to come? He could only wonder more.

"Wormtail!" The voice shouted, causing Kat and Draco to jump a little, out of their thoughts, as they both looked up.

"Yes, my lord, right away, my lord!" Wormtail pleaded, rushing off. Kat's eyes glanced over at the professor hanging above them. She felt as though she could be sick. She then watched as Voldemort walked over to the Malfoy family, across from her.

"I face an unfortunate complication," he told them, as she looked up from behind her hair which draped over her face. "My wand and Potter's share the same core." He informed the lot of them. "They are in some ways, twins. We can wound, but not fatally harm one another. If I am to kill him, I must do it with another's wand." He said, as he walked behind Draco, who sat there, still as a brick wall, feeling dread take over his body. "What about you, Lucius?" Voldemort peered over the long blonde haired man.

"My lord?" Lucius looked up, cautiously, as what wizard would want to just give away a piece of them? Voldemort extended his hand, waiting for the wand to be placed in his palm. Lucius hesitantly lifted it up, and handed it to him, watching it carefully, until suddenly, Voldemort snapped the silver snake handle off, detaching it from the body.

"The core?" Voldemort asked him.

"Dragon heartstring." Lucius responded, nervously, as Snape peered over at them, just as Voldemort began to walk away.