ten

draco malfoy, the boy who cares?

           Foxfire sat on the couch in the room of requirement, with Draco beside her. The two sat awkwardly, as neither knew really what to say. "Look, I can just go." She began but he stopped her.

"I can't risk you telling people what you saw." He muttered quietly. He was nervous. She could see his hands shaking ever so slightly from nerves and she felt sorry for that. She didn't want to make him feel scared for whatever reason it was, she just wanted to thank him for being a gentleman. Whatever he was so petrified over, wasn't worth the progress she had made with him so far, and definitely wasn't worth the conflict.

As stated before, Draco and Foxfire never had a chance to get to know one another. He may have hated one of her friends, or all of them, actually, but he never really was mean toward her. She always wondered about that, and why she was singled out, but she wasn't complaining. She had enough issues with girls at Hogwarts, she didn't need Draco to add into the mix of drama.

"You can obliviate me if you'd like." She whispered, innocently, as Draco laughed a little from this comment.

"I'm not going to do that." He shook his head, looking down. Foxfire nodded, staring over at him, patiently.

"I'm not going to tell anyone, Draco. I haven't even told anyone that we have spoken here and there." She insisted, but he was unconvinced. She finally, took a quick leap of faith, as she placed her hands on top of his shakey ones in his lap. "Whatever it is you are doing in here, I wont tell a soul." She looked him in his eyes. He was confused. Why did this random girl from Hufflepuff suddenly care about him? I mean, he did help her out from her psycho ex boyfriend, but why was she so caring towards him? And why was he beginning to feel caring towards her? He hardly even knew the girl, for merlin's sake.

"Thank you." He said in response, and for some reason, actually believing what she said. Her voice was calming and she was sweet. There wasn't a single bone in her body that could actually do something to intentionally hurt someone else unless warranted, and he knew that. It grew quiet around them. It felt odd, hardly knowing one another but yet they felt like they were having a deeper connection with a stranger than anyone in this entire school. And it was a strange titillating feeling.

"Draco, would you maybe want to hangout sometime? Like go to hogsmeade or something?" She abruptly asked, in a kind gesture. He scrunched his eyebrows and wrinkled his nose, awkwardly. "Okay I'll take that as a definite no." She laughed uncomfortably, feeling foolish. Why would Draco Malfoy of Slytherin want to spend time with her? In her mind there was nothing special to her. But others would disagree with that statement. As she stood up, he gently touched her arm, causing her to stop and look back at him.

"I-" He began, not quite knowing if he should say yes or not. Because he had to do some dangerous things this year. And these things had seemed to take up almost all of his time. But why should he have to sacrifice his whole school life for his mission? He deserved some happiness as well, whether he believed that or not. "When?" He finally agreed, as Foxfire smirked happily.