fifty three

a war now won

         Students sat all around the rubble and mess. They spoke to one another, as a huge weight had been lifted off their shoulders and the one thing they feared above all, was gone for good. Ron, Hermione and Harry stood near the entrance, talking, when Foxfire rushed over to them, pulling them all in for a big hug. "We did it." She said to them, as they squeezed a little tighter, then pulled away. Foxfire looked over, to see Fred standing near the wall, watching her with a smile. She smirked, and made her way over to him, awkwardly. But in the kind of awkward funny manner that Fred always loved, as she threw her hair over her shoulders and nonchalantly, laughed, trying to ease the pain of what they all had just endured.

"See you added a few new scars to the collection." He pointed out, taking a bite of the apple in his hand. She laughed a little, while they stared at one another.

"See you're gonna actually have to do your laundry for once." She joked back, referring to the dirty and bloody clothes they all had on.

"Ooh, we got ourselves a jokester over here." He laughed, tossing the apple to the side, and pulling her in for a hug. "Now, you sure you don't want to try this whole dating thing out again?" He asked, as she looked up to him. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." He messed up the top of her hair and pulled away. "Listen though, you ever just need someone to talk with, or whatever, I'm your guy." He told her, as she just began to walk away.

"Oh, Fred, you're always my guy." She winked, before reaching Draco once again. Fred couldn't help but still smile over at her, because, as long as she was happy, he was happy. But he'll be damned to let anyone break her heart, even if she may have broken his. Draco held on to Foxfire's hand, pulling her out of the hall, and into a side corridor, where he pressed her against the wall, and stared down at her, pulling his hand through her hair.

"What're you doing?" She giggled, looking up at him. He shook his head with a slight smirk, as he pulled her face to his, kissing her once more in the halls of the ruins of Hogwarts. She pulled away, and then leapt up, hugging him around his neck, tightly. They were now safe, and free to be whoever they wanted and go wherever they wanted.