thirty one

well, that was a wild ride, resulting in a gnarly scar

             Foxfire's eyes fluttered open, only to notice that the sun was beaming in, and day light was now here. She quickly let out a gasp, as she shot straight up from the bed she had been laying on. "Woah, calm down there, fighter." A voice said, helping her to relax. She looked over, seeing Fred, smiling at her, and then she reached up, feeling as her face was stinging in pain. "And so she's risen from the dead!" He exclaimed, happily.

"What the hell happened?" She asked, with a groan.

"You got hit in the face on the back of my broom." He informed her. "Thought we had lost you for a little while there, as you weren't really breathing at first, but you slowly came back to us." He told her, feeling thankful, as for some reason, he really felt the need to just be there for her. He knew of her romance with Draco, as Ron had told him. And it hurt at first, but he also figured there'd be no way that she'd be with the Malfoy boy now, considering the wizarding world was divided, and she chose her side, which happened to be the opposite of his. But little did she know, Fred stayed by her side the entire night, monitoring her, and making sure everything was okay, just waiting until she had woken up.

"Is everyone else okay?" She asked, quickly, looking to him.

"Uh, most are. George may have lost an ear, and uh, Mad-eye's dead." He informed her, scratching the back of his neck, awkwardly. She shook her head, as she placed it in the palm of her hands. "Are you feeling okay?" He continued to ask.

"Who cares about me?" She looked to him. "The others are just as important." She told him, suddenly, feeling disappointment with herself. "I should have done more." She leaned onto her back, on the bed, feeling her body sink into it. He followed her lead, laying beside her.

"You were brilliant, Fox, I assure you. That death eater who sent that curse your way, got what was coming to him." He smirked looking over at her, and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Can I ask you something?" She began, as his heart began to race, hoping she'd ask to be his once again, which he knew seemed a little soon, considering all the factors. But a man can dream, can't he?

"Shoot." He told her, waiting in to hear what the question was.

"How bad's my face?" She continued, feeling nervous to look at what had been done. He scrunched up his nose, a little confused why she'd ask such a silly question.

"Uh, it's not bad. I mean, you've got these eyes that just look like pools of honey, and your cheek bones are prominent, you're quite beautiful actually—"

"No, you knob, the gash!" She laughed, smacking his arm a little as he looked down at her laying there on the bed next to him.

"Oh!" He exclaimed. "It's uh, it's definitely going to leave a pretty gnarly scar." He said, not wanting to disappoint her all too much, but he was right, it really would. She then, stood herself to her feet, and walked over to the mirror near the wardrobe, finally looking at herself, and seeing Fred in the background on the bed, in the reflection. She gazed at the gash on her skin. It started from just under her left eye, and dragged itself down to the top  of her chin.

She examined it closely, as it began to drip more blood onto the floor below. Fred noticed almost immediately, and hopped up from the bed, pulling her back and laying her down. "I can fix it for you, if you'd like. Personally, I find scars to be extraordinary, and shows that you're a lot tougher than you let on, but I could absolutely see your viewpoint if you want me to try and fix it." He told her, with assurance. But she lifted her hand up, in a halt, grabbing his wrist.

"It's okay. Leave it." She told him, with a small, weak smile. "But can you do me one favor?"

"What's that?" He proceeded.

"Can you maybe get me a towel and a bandage?" She laughed as he stood up and rushed out of the room almost immediately. Once he returned, he began to dry up all the blood, and cleaning her face.

"This might burn some." He told her, before pouring an unfamiliar substance over the gash. She inhaled, as it stung tremendously, and then he was done. "You wont need a bandage. This potion, I kind of brewed up last night. It'll make it so your blood will clot, and within the next twenty minutes or so, your open wound will begin to heal and all that'll be left is a scar. Figured this would be best, considering we don't want it to get infected." He smiled to her as she smiled back, feeling so much comfort with her old friend. "But, I hate to say it, the process for the next twenty or so minutes is pretty painful." He told her, just as she began to feel the flesh regenerating and growing back. "Yeah, exactly." He told her as she felt herself begin to cry from the pain. Fred reached over, pulling her onto his lap, as she buried her face into his shoulder, letting out painful sobs.