thirty five

where to go, who to see, what to do

          Foxfire felt as though she had no hope left. Harry, Hermione and Ron were currently missing from after what happened at the party nearly a month ago, and Draco refused to go with her somewhere, so she felt stuck. And she technically was stuck, just at the Weasley's, with nowhere to really go.

Fred watched her from across the room, carefully. The two had spent a lot of time together this past while, but he knew there was little hope in rekindling their relationship after hearing she had spoken with Draco. All he could do was be there for her, and he happily did.

She looked up at him, staring back. He smiled at her, nodding to the side, as she got up from the table where Ginny sat, reading a book, and followed Fred outside. It was beginning to get chilly, and she wrapped her arms around her, causing Fred to remove his jacket, and placing it over her shoulders. "Thank you." She smiled, as they continued through the dead and empty field. "Where do you think they are?" She asked him, referring to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Hopefully some place less depressing." He shrugged as they continued to just walk, considering they did this most days due to boredom and isolation. He stared over at her, as she looked toward the ground, watching as they trailed through the dead grass.

"I miss Hogwarts." She finally told him.

"You could have gone back, you know?" He told her in response, as she looked up at him.

"No, I need to be here. Available for whenever I could be needed." She shrugged, as he nodded, finding it sweet and honest that she'd want to be ready for whatever there was to come. As they continued to walk, she noticed a figure dressed in all black, in the distance, near the edge of the tree line.

She stopped in her tracks, as she immediately recognized who it was, turning to Fred. "I'll be right back." She told him, with a large grin on her face, and he nodded, watching her rush off. Her feet carried her quickly, as she wanted to get there as soon as possible, and once she did, she couldn't stop. She lunged up into her best friends arms, with tears streaming down her face, and held her against her tightly, not wanting to ever let go.

"Kat!" She exclaimed, finally taking a step back. Kat smiled and then leaned over slightly, examining her face.

"He was right, that is a pretty big scar." She told her friend who she hadn't seen in half a year. Foxfire reached up, placing her hand against her own flesh, and then suddenly, it hit her.

"Wait, he?" She furrowed her eyebrows. Kat looked down, and Foxfire looked where her train of eyesight was leading, noticing the familiar tattoo upon her skin. Foxfire looked back up toward her friend, she now did not recognize, and took a step back. "You—, you're one of them?" Was all she could manage to spit out.

"I had to be." She informed her friend, sadly. "But listen, I don't have much time, Foxfire." She continued, knowing she really was on a time crunch. "Draco wanted me to let you know that he is alright, and he wanted me to check to make sure you were as well." She said, simply, looking over Foxfire's shoulder and noticing Fred in the distance, just proving her right, that Foxfire did move on quick, but her suspicions were false, as Fred just remained her friend this whole time.

"Seriously? That's all he had to say?" Foxfire scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And I mean, I really wanted to see you." Kat admitted, sort of lying, but also knowing a little part of her did truly want to. "I've missed you." She continued.

"Oh, yeah?" Foxfire grew angry, but didn't want to fight with her friend on the first day they've seen one another in a long time. Kat looked down, ashamed of herself, and fully understanding her friends anger. She knew Foxfire's thought process, and knew that she was probably wondering why Kat didn't just find her sooner and she could have been hidden. But it was too late now.

"I understand whatever you may be feeling, Foxfire." She told her, beginning to leave.

"Wait," Foxfire stopped her in her steps. "Take me with you."

"What?" Kat gasped, laughing a little that Foxfire could be so stupid. "You've got to be kidding me. You want to risk your life just to see him?" She rolled her eyes at her friends stupidity, in disgust.

"Damnit, Kat, I'm serious. I don't need your snarky remarks. Take me with you. You can get us wherever he is, and then you never have to do me another favor again. Please, just do this for me." Foxfire begged, as Kat noticed the pain in her eyes. She could see the tears forming, and the way Foxfire was acting, showed how much she really did care for this boy, and even if Kat couldn't even begin to comprehend why, she knew Foxfire had her reasons. And Kat couldn't betray her again, or say no.

"He's going to be pissed." She muttered, before grabbing onto Foxfire's arm.