thirty four

foxfire's a big girl, she can handle herself

Draco stared over at Kat, who was waiting patiently for her mother to finish talking with Narcissa, so they could head home and she could climb into bed, and just disappear from the world. He eyed her carefully, and she watched as his eyes shifted to the side, indicating that she meet with him somewhere.

She watched as he walked off toward the left, and into the library of the home. Within a few moments, she proceeded to follow, as she walked through the long hallway and into the first door on the right. She entered, noticing Draco staring out the tall and large window ahead of him. She quickly looked around the room, noticing thousands of books perfectly aligned with one another in bookshelves. Draco turned to her, and she sighed. "What, Malfoy?" She scoffed, crossing her arms, and popping her hip.

"Have you heard from Foxfire?" He asked, curiously. Kat couldn't help roll her eyes at the boys obsessive nature over her best friend. But in reality, it seemed they both had been obsessed with her, honestly.

"No, Malfoy, I have not heard from Foxfire. I haven't seen her, I haven't received any letters and quite honestly, I haven't sent any." She told him, in a rude manner.

"Last I saw her, she just didn't seem herself, I'm quite worried, truthfully." Draco told her, feeling slight embarrassment over the fact that he'd gone soft over a girl.

"I think what we both need to do at this point is just put her in the back of our minds, and forget about her. It's not like we really have much of a choice, anyways, and Foxfire isn't going to wait around for either of us." Kat snapped, feeling no remorse for her words, because she sort of knew she was right. Foxfire had a tendency to move on from any relationships in her life, very fast. And truthfully, Kat felt herself growing angry with Foxfire.

Now, it could be from the fact that she's gone to the dark side of the war, and she's just embracing her true nature and bloodline, but it also could be because a little part of her somehow has managed to resent her friend, who doesn't love her back. Don't get me wrong, she still loved Foxfire, deeply. She just was in pain, and hurting, from everything that's happened to her.

"I don't understand why you're not more worried?" He questioned. "You know she's got this big gash upon her face now, and nearly died, right? I mean she's literally out there sacrificing her life for others." He scoffed, glaring over at her, trying to acknowledge all the things Foxfire has done for the sake of good compared to them doing the deeds for evil.

"I'm just sick and tired of everything being about Foxfire. Foxfire this, Foxfire that, can we just shut up about it already? Okay, she got hurt, god forbid the girl has a little trouble, and everyone comes running to the rescue. I mean, Foxfire says jump, and twenty people will say how high. Trust me, if anything truly bad happened to her, she'd have every man by her side in seconds." She snapped at him, as he grew quiet, then felt some anger intensify in his body.

"I'm sorry, hasn't she been your best friend since, oh, I dont know, the first year?" He snapped back, trying to make her feel somewhat guilty.

"And what about it?" Kat snapped back, rolling her eyes, yet again. Draco stood speechless. He wasn't sure how to get Kat to talk to her, but he was on a mission to try.

"Maybe you need to go see her for yourself." Draco told her, stepping forward. "Take a look at that scar, and you tell me that she's perfectly fine." Kat shook her head.

"I have no desire to see Foxfire at this point in time, but thanks for the suggestion." She rolled her eyes as Draco began to worry, knowing he just needed an update, since the girl was so reckless, causing his mind to wander with worry all day everyday.

"I just can imagine that if Foxfire were in your shoes right now, she'd be by your side in seconds." Draco said once more, before staring her down a last time, and walking out in silence. Kat stared straight ahead at the empty place Draco had previously been. She huffed, knowing full well, that Draco was right.

"Goddammit." She sighed to herself.