forty eight

we don't have time for nonsense, malfoy

       Foxfire looked out the window, standing beside Luna, watching a protective shield go over the castle, and defend them against the death eaters who had already begun attacking it. They waited for Harry to return from speaking with the grey lady, as Luna suggested it'd be wise to do so. "Quite frightening, isn't it?" She asked Foxfire, breaking her concentration.

"Yeah, sure is." Foxfire let out a sigh, fearing for what was about to come, and who else she would lose in this battle. Foxfire turned to see Harry running past her, as she turned too, following him from behind. "Where are we going?" She called out to him, following his every move.

"The Room of Requirement!" He exclaimed to her, as their feet kept going, quicker and quicker with every step. Suddenly, Harry fell over to the side and Foxfire dropped down next to him, holding him up. "Another's been destroyed." He muttered, causing her to feel somewhat relieved again, but still holding on to the fact that they had a long way to go.

"Come on, we need to continue." Foxfire told him, as the shield began to diminish out the window above them. She helped him to his feet and they continued pushing through the sea of frantic students, and down several staircases. As the death eaters stormed in, and they began casting spells.

Ginny stopped them, pulling Harry in for a kiss, and as much as Foxfire loved to see the two reconnecting, she knew they were on a bit of a time crunch. "Harry, come on!" She insisted, pulling his arm, and they continued running down a collapsing corridor.

Finally, amongst an empty wall, Harry closed his eyes, and before them the room of requirement appeared. The two rushed in, noticing the clutter all around them in piles of mountains. Foxfire got a strange sense of deja vu, as they proceeded onward. Harry and her looked around, not even knowing where to begin. "Well, this is a mess." She muttered, softly.

"We need to start somewhere." He responded, as they continued walking, and she looked around frantically. She began to rummage through a few things, trying to see if she could find anything, when suddenly, Harry stopped, and looked to his right.

"What?" She asked, standing up and following him as he lifted some ropes and opened a small box, revealing the diadem. "Shit, you got it!" She exclaimed, happily, with a smile on her face.

"Well, well." A voice startled both of them, as they turned to see Draco, Blaise and Goyle.

"Oh, great, as if we didn't have enough problems already." Foxfire rolled her eyes, scoffing and pulling out her wand. Draco looked to her, confused for a moment, and then suddenly remembering she had forgotten all of their relationship.

"Foxfire, I need you to listen to me." He told her, but she wasn't having it.

"Shut it, Malfoy." She snapped back, causing his heart to break a little, along with his ego.

"You have something of mine, Potter." Draco continued, figuring he'd get to Foxfire when he had the chance. "I'd like it back."

"Well, what's wrong with the one you have?" Harry asked, not really caring for Draco at this point in time.

"It's my mother's. It's powerful, but it's not the same." Draco told him, in response.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Harry suddenly asked, referring to the time at the Malfoy Manor with Bellatrix. Draco looked to Foxfire, knowing full well, she was a big part of the reason he didn't.

"Come on, Draco, don't be a prat." Goyle muttered in his ear. Foxfire now pointed her wand toward him.

"I would shut your face, before I shut it for you, Goyle." She snapped at him, causing Draco to laugh a little, at the fire Foxfire still maintained, but then composing himself again. Luckily, no one had noticed.

Harry went to reach for the wand in his back pocket, when suddenly, Hermione jumped from nowhere.

"Expelliarmus!" She shouted, causing Draco's mother's wand to go flying back away from him. He quickly scrambled to find it, as it was his only hope getting Foxfire back, but before he could, Foxfire rushed over to him, stepping on it with her foot.

"Looking for something?" She asked, coyly. He grew irritated at this, as if she knew his intentions, she wouldn't have stopped him.

"Foxfire, you need to listen to me, I need this wand." He begged as the others shot spells at one another.

"Why the hell would I ever listen to you, Malfoy?" She spat, picking up the wand. And just as she went to turn away, he grabbed her by the arm, pulling her the opposite direction. "Bloody hell, Malfoy, let go of me!" She shouted out, feeling yet another sense of deja vu, as his hand gripped tightly to her wrist.

"Just listen to me!" He shouted as they continued running. "You know me!" He pleaded, as she scrunched up her nose, in confusion. I mean, obviously she knew him, but why was he acting like they were friends? Draco suddenly stopped, still holding on to her, as he had heard a muffled explosion.

"Let go of me!" She shouted again but he shushed her immediately. Before they knew it, a large fire was coming straight at them. Draco continued to hold her wrist, as he pulled her to the side, and lifted her onto one of the mounds of objects.

"Climb!" He demanded, following close behind her. They kept going up, as the lake of fire below them intensified. She looked down at the flames, and then to Draco as he kept pushing her higher up. As they all began slipping, Harry soared behind them on a broom, and Harry lifted Draco onto his, while Ron pulled Blaise onto his, and Hermione grabbed Foxfire by the arm, pulling her up.

They sped out of the room, with the doors slamming shut behind them, and tumbled to the floor. Draco looked to see his mother's wand laying next to Foxfire, as he grabbed it quickly, and then grabbed ahold of her. "You need to come with me!" He demanded of her. She was so confused by why Draco was so persistent on him following her, but he dragged her away anyways, down another corridor. "Listen to me, we don't have much time."

"Bloody hell, what is your damage, Malfoy?" She shouted, ripping her arm from his grasp, and shaking it, as he had been holding on to her pretty tightly. Draco didn't have the time to explain, as he lifted his mother's wand in a sudden movement.

"Finite Incantatem."