thirty six

i know

Foxfire felt sick from disapparating, as she never did too well with it, as her and Kat landed in the large and dull room. She looked around, curiously, wondering where she had been brought to. "Where are we?" She asked Kat, as she walked over to the dresser near the window.

"We're at Malfoy Manor." She told Foxfire, who now perked up, looking back at Kat. "This is Draco's room. I've come up here once or so, just so we could talk, mostly of you. Personally, I don't understand what you see in the prat, but then again, I like girls, so." She shrugged, with little to no emotion. Foxfire smirked, noticing that her friend finally admitted out loud that she liked girls, as they hadn't spoken on that subject since winter break of last year, until now.

Foxfire reached forward, lifting up the small picture frame placed on the dresser. She looked at the boy in the picture, being Draco at just 11 years old. She remembered seeing him for the first time, as a young girl, and she had a small crush on him, that is until he opened his mouth and made fun of her friends. She smirked a little, as she set the frame back down, and turned to Kat, who stared over at her, seeming emotionless.

Foxfire could sense something was different about Kat, but how could it not be, considering all of what she's going through. She approached her old friend, pulling her into a tight embrace, as Kat stood in her spot, not quite sure how to react.

"Thank you, Kat." Foxfire whispered in her ear, so quietly that Kat could hardly hear. She pulled away, staring over at her. "I'm so sorry for what you've been going through." She continued as Kat looked down.

"It was inevitable, I suppose." She muttered, as she knew death eater blood coursed through her veins.

"But you deserved better. I should have known something was going on, I would have tried to do something—" Foxfire began, only causing Kat to get a little irritated.

"What could you have done, Foxfire?" She snapped, not trying to sound mean, but couldn't help it, considering Foxfire could be a little ignorant at times. "I'm sorry, but there's nothing you could have done."

"I could have brought you with me, Kat. We could have hidden you." Foxfire insisted as Kat shook her head, slowly.

"You really think they care about me? They are your friends, Foxfire, not mine. You know Hermione holds a strong dislike for me." Kat told her, as Foxfire's eyes began to tear up. Foxfire found herself crying a lot more these days, which is something she never really did all that much before, but times were hard, and life was more difficult than the previous years. "Its okay. Truthfully, you did the best you could." Kat assured her pulling her into one more quick hug, when suddenly, the door opened and Kat looked to see Draco standing in his doorway, staring at the two.

Foxfire looked up, and slowly turned, seeing him there, as he shut the door, quietly, and approached her.

"You brought her here?" Draco asked, not sure whether he should be upset because she was now unsafe, or happy that he was able to see her. Draco could be really selfish when it came to something that benefits him, and his happiness seemed to outweigh his concern.

"She didn't really give me much of a choice." Kat responded, as Foxfire just continued to stare over at Draco. "I'll leave you two be." Kat told them, before disapparating from the room, leaving them in utter silence.

"You shouldn't be here." He told her, feeling like he couldn't even believe his own words.

"I know." She responded, refusing to take her eyes off of him.

"You're not safe here, they could find you, and I won't be able to protect you." He continued, practically mesmerized by the girl before him.

"I know." She said again, seeming to just not care anymore. She couldn't help but feel her lips curl up into a smile, as excitement took over her body.

"You're a stupid girl, Foxfire." He told her, shaking his head, but finding himself smiling just a bit as well.

"I know." She continued again, widening her smile more, as she couldn't contain her thrill for much longer. She was finally here, in Draco's room, with him standing before her.