twenty

the feelings mutual

          "You did what?" Kat shouted from across their room, standing up from the bed.

"I know." Foxfire shook her head, disappointed with her friends hostile reaction.

"With who?" She continued to yell, clearly upset with Foxfire. But she was more than upset. She was heartbroken. Not only did Foxfire go on multiple dates with someone (and also not tell her), but she was dating Draco Malfoy, and sneaking around with him since the beginning of the year, and in Kat's mind that was worse than just a simple date with a boy.

"I know, I know." Foxfire sighed, throwing her jacket on as the two girls departed their room and began to head out.

"No, I don't think you do know, Foxfire. You are playing with literal fire right now. You remember what Harry said on the way here? He's possibly a death eater. And on top of that, he's a total asshole who has bullied your friends for years. You know you deserve better and you know that I was right. You just want somebody to fix." Kat grew angry with Foxfire, as Foxfire looked to her, sort of startled with her comment.

"Are you seriously getting this mad at me right now?" Foxfire defended herself, feeling a little hurt. "For starters, you have no evidence to prove that Draco is a death eater." She lied, as she now knew that he was in fact a death eater. "That's pretty bold of you to assume considering-" Foxfire stopped herself from saying something she couldn't take back.

"Considering what, Foxfire?" Kat stopped in the middle of the hallway, crossing her arms. Foxfire was stuck in her spot, knowing she crossed a line that can't be uncrossed. Yeah, that was a little fucked up. "Go on, say it." She continued, waiting.

"Just, drop it, Kat, I'm sorry." Foxfire surrendered. Kat scoffed, looking to her feet and then back up at her.

"Yeah, okay." Kat began to walk the opposite way.

"Kat, come on!" Foxfire yelled after her, but Kat just ignored her plea. Foxfire decided she'd just let her have some space, as she already did too much damage now, so she continued on walking towards the great hall, until she heard her name being called from down a corridor. She quickly turned, and immediately rolled her eyes at the repulsive sight of the person in front of her. Great, this fucking guy. "What do you want now, Nott? Come back for another fight?" She demanded, feeling as though she had no time for his shit today, or any day that is.

"I see we're resorting to a surname basis." He commented on the use of his last name. "Look, I know it was a while ago but I wanted to apologize for my actions. And I mean, all my actions. Cheating on you, leaving you, that argument in the study hall." He finally said, as she straightened up, letting her arms uncross in defeat. She could hear the insincerity lingering in his voice.

"Honestly, I could care less at this point." She scoffed, still fuming from her argument with Kat, but also just expressing her clear distaste for her ex.

"I just want a second chance, Fox, why can't you at least give me that?" He demanded to know, grasping on to her wrist. She looked down towards his grip on her skin, as his knuckles began to turn white from grasping onto her so tightly. More rage came flooding through her body, and she knew at this point she was probably on her own to defend herself. "Can't you give me that?" He continued to beg. Finally, she yanked her arm away, reaching up and pushing him back by his shoulders.

"Don't you ever touch me!" She shouted through her clenched teeth. "You have no idea who I am. You have no idea how to change and I would rather lay in front of the Hogwarts Express than ever give you another chance." She told him, fire stricken in her eyes. He, himself grew angry at this comment as he smiled wickedly toward her.

"You're lucky I tried. No one would ever want you. I was the best you ever had and you know it." He scoffed as she smirked.

"Tell that to Draco." She stated simply, before walking away, and into the great hall. She almost immediately spotted Hermione and Harry seated at one of the tables, and quickly rushed over to them. "Look guys, I need to tell you something," she began, as she figured it'd be better they hear it from her mouth than Kat's or worse, Theo's.

"Hold that thought, Fox." Harry stopped her, standing from his seat and walking over to what seemed to be, Katie Bell. Foxfire watched as Harry began to question Katie. The two paused their conversation, looking over at a figure who entered the hall. Foxfire followed their line of eyesight, seeing Draco, who quickly rushed out. Foxfire looked back to Harry, who began chasing after him.

Before she could even think of what to do, her feet spoke for her, as she chased after Harry, now, following them up a staircase, down a long corridor, and to an empty bathroom. She heard the faint talking from just outside and just as she rushed in, Harry shot a spell toward him.

"Harry, stop!" Foxfire shouted, as she pulled his arm away, just as Draco ran to the side. Harry ignored her, following after him, the two shooting spells at one another. "Stop!" She continued to shout, not knowing what else to say. It grew quiet for a few moments, and she seemed to have lost sight of both of them. "Draco?" She whispered as it echoed throughout the bathroom. Another shot rang out by the toilets and she heard running footsteps once more. She followed after them, seeing as Harry from a distance, shot a fire at Draco.

"Sectumsempra!" His voice announced and she watched Draco's body come crashing down. Terrified, she shoved past Harry, and over to the sinks, where Draco lay in a pool of water, on the ground.

"Oh my god, Draco!" She screamed, sliding into the water next to him, grabbing his hand as his faint breathing and whimpers rang in her ears.

"Fox-" Harry began, confused as to why Foxfire was by Draco's side in the first place, but also realizing he could have killed the boy.

"It'll be okay, Draco." She whispered to him, taking her teeth, and biting into the fabric of his shirt collar, ripping the fabric open, exposing his bloody chest, to examine whatever wounds he may have. Harry continued to stare at the damage he had done. Foxfire looked over to him, tears flooding down her cheeks. "What is wrong with you?" She gasped, as blood seeped into her clothes and colored the clear water crimson red. Before she knew it, Snape came bursting in, brushing past Harry, and kneeling on the other side of Draco. Harry looked over at them, speechless, as Snape gave him a wicked glare, causing him to quickly exit the bathroom. Snape didn't even acknowledge Foxfire's presence at this point, because he had to start helping Draco before it was too late.

"Vulnera Sanentur." He began repeating over and over, as he pressed his wand against Draco's chest, and the blood began to clear up, causing the wounds to fade away.

"It's okay, Draco, you're okay." She whispered to him, taking his hand and pressing it against her lips. She couldn't leave his side. She didn't care about anything in this moment but the fact that Harry just tried to murder him. Draco's eyes began to open a short while later, and his breathing paced itself normally. Foxfire leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his neck, as he sat up a little. She held him in her arms as long as she could, before the two remembered Snape was watching, causing them to realize there was no hiding this anymore.

"We need to have a conversation." Professor Snape finally said.