fifty

the forbidden forest

         "—I therefore command my forces retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity." Voldemort's voice rang throughout the castle halls in which Draco and Foxfire stood, hand in hand, lowering their wands from the death eaters around them. "Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman, and child who tries to conceal you from me."

Foxfire felt her heart begin to race faster as the death eaters around them disappeared.

They found themselves gathering in the Great Hall, once more, only to see the bodies of the ones they knew, dead on the floor and the wounded being tended to. Foxfire glanced around slowly, nervous as to who's face she could see next, as Draco looked around as well. Behind them, Harry, Ron and Hermione entered in. All of them had now remembered what Narcissa had once made them forget, and they understood Draco's presence, but weren't too focused on that, in this time.

She looked to see Theo, laying dead on the stone floor, covered with a sheet. She felt remorse, even with their issues, he didn't deserve to die. None of these people did. And Theo could be a real prat at times, especially to her, but she loved him in a way, regardless. Foxfire then almost immediately noticed the gathering of the Weasley family, surrounding someone, and her heart dropped, not knowing what had been going on. She couldn't fathom the thought of possibly losing someone from their family, as she had grown so close to them all when she needed shelter.

"I'll, uh, be right back." She told him, refusing to remove her eyes from the group of them. She then left Draco's side, rushing over there, to see Fred, laying on the ground, and before she could drop to her knees in tears, Molly pat her shoulder, stopping her.

"He's alright, dear, don't panic." She told her. "He's only unconscious." She assured her, as Foxfire still fell to the ground beside him, crying. Even with the thought that Fred was okay, she still had to release the emotions of the quick thought that he wasn't.

"If only Fred were awake right now, to see you blubbering over him." George smirked with a laugh.

"Oh, I'm awake." Fred opened his eyes slowly, as he reached his hand over to Foxfire, who let out a laugh, hitting the prankster lightly on the shoulder.

"Don't ever scare me like that again!" She shouted in a hushed tone, while leaning forward, and hugging him in a tight embrace. "I thought you had died."

"Well, now you're definitely going to kill me, love." He let out a cough as she backed away slightly, realizing she probably hurt him by embracing him a little too hard.

"Sorry." She smiled, as he reached up, wiping her tear from her eye. He looked behind her, noticing Draco standing in the distance, and then looked back to her.

"Go." He smiled, weakly. She turned her head in confusion. "You know where your heart lies, Foxy. And that's okay. You can't help who you love." He told her, still smiling through his pain.

"But I'll always love you, Freddie." She told him, now wiping another tear from her eye. They both knew she loved him, but again, it wasn't the way he had wanted her to, and that was alright in his mind. As long as he kept her in his life somehow. He nodded, as George kneeled down beside him, and Foxfire stood to her feet, walking back over to Draco. Hermione suddenly came back in, with Ron by her, and they approached the two.

"Harry's gone." She told her, as tears stained her cheeks. "He's gone to the Forbidden Forest."