forty seven

the beginning to an end

          A cold chill took over the room, as the students felt a dreadful feeling enter their bodies once more. Foxfire inched closer to Fred, fearful of what was to come. Their few moments of excitement died down quickly, as they all looked upon one another with worried expressions.

A girls scream rang throughout the hall, followed by another, and another, until that one dreaded voice echoed into existence. His voice. "I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." Voldemort's terrifying voice whispered, before the candles were lit once more and everyone stared over toward Harry. Foxfire looked up to Fred, who had been looking down at her, and then to Hermione.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" An annoying and cringey voice shouted, as Foxfire looked to see Pansy Parkinson pointing over at Harry.

"Oh, shut it, Parkinson!" Foxfire shouted back, approaching her, with her wand at the ready. Fred quickly pulled Foxfire back toward Harry, trying to avoid a fight between the two girls. Pansy glared over at her, with a smug look on her face. "You want to go? Because we can step outside right now, if you'd like to save yourself from the embarrassment." Foxfire just continued to shout at her, furiously, as they all guarded Harry, with other students following their lead.

They all heard a familiar voice come running in, and looked to see Filch panicking about students being out of bed. McGonagall approached him, laughing a little to herself at his naive behavior.

"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot." She commented, as Foxfire laughed a little to herself, but still fuming with rage from Pansy. "But please, lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House to the dungeons." She told Filch, proud of herself, as the students all around cheered.

Foxfire felt it was just a little discriminatory, as not all Slytherin's were bad, but Pansy just had to ruin it by being the voice for them. Harry immediately realized he needed to get a head start on trying to find the diadem. As he began to exit the room,

Foxfire looked over, following him, as they ran out of the great hall, headed toward the Ravenclaw Common Room, with students running all about, trying to come up with ways to defend Hogwarts, as the death eaters were approaching. But little did Foxfire know, that a certain blonde haired boy was intending on finding her, and giving her her memories back. He just wasn't sure where she would be, once he entered the castle.

Draco Malfoy stood next to Kat Harris, as the two prepared for a war. They stood outside in the cold, surrounded by fellow death eaters, with Voldemort himself, at the lead. "They never learn." Voldemort scoffed as Draco looked down at Kat, who was keeping all her emotions concealed. "Such a pity." Voldemort went on to say, as if he already knew he had won.

"My lord, shouldn't we wait... for?" The death eater who had approached Voldemort in questioning, cowered down, backing off, as Voldemort didn't have time for distractions or second guessing.

"Begin." He let out as the death eaters held up their wands to the shield, and began firing spells at it. Draco lifted his wand, and Kat followed. The shield was holding up nicely for a little while, until suddenly it began to crack, causing both Kat and Draco to feel themselves become more worried for not only their lives, but Foxfire's as well.

"You need to find her, Malfoy." Kat muttered to him, quietly. "You need to find her and get her away from all of this." She told him as he nodded slowly, knowing she was right, but first he needed to give her her memories, and get his wand back.