thirty two

a wedding, a party, a disaster

George and Fred stood talking amongst themselves in the living room, as people outside were setting up the decorations for the wedding that would take place in only a few hours. Fred was in the middle of conversing on George's ear, until suddenly, a girl caught ahold of his attention, as she walked down the stairs, and into his view, captivating him. She wore a long, black silk dress, with a not too tight, but not too loose fit.

Her long silver hair was laid down against her back, waved. He set down his cup of tea and approached her, as George smirked to himself, seeing as his brother was once again catching feelings for the illuminating Foxfire. "Not too much?" She made an uncomfortable and awkward face, as she felt slightly out of her element, and way overdressed.

"Definitely not." Fred and George commented at the same time, causing her to giggle, and blush. "You look stunning." Fred complimented her.

"And you, Mister Weasley." She smiled at him as he mustered up the courage to ask her one question he'd been wanting to all morning.

"I was wondering, actually," he began, as she looked up at him. "Would you like to accompany me tonight for—"

"Yes." She blurted out, not even letting him finish his sentence. "I would love to." He began to smile, feeling accomplished in his goal of winning her heart back. But something lingered in the back of Foxfire's mind. And that something was Draco Malfoy. He stayed put, causing her to hesitate with most of her decision making, as she knew there relationship would only be toxic, but she couldn't help the way she felt. As much as she had wanted to just forget her feelings for him, it was nearly impossible at this point.

And she also thought of Kat, whom hadn't returned her owls in a good two months now, and she felt worried for her sake. But she didn't know what else to do, so she let it be, hoping her best friend would eventually turn up. But that may have been wishful thinking.

       When the party started that night, Fred walked with Foxfire down the long purple walkway, toward the tent. Music could be heard all around, and her eyes lit up at the sight of all the excitement. "Care to dance, my lady?" He bowed before her, extending his arm, as she gently placed her fingertips atop the palm of his hand.

"Why, yes, my good sir." She smiled as he gripped her hand in his, and twirled her into his chest. The two danced for what felt like hours, as the night progressed. They laughed, and sang as music played loudly, they talked for a while, as well. It was a beautiful night, and they honestly loved reconnecting. "Fred, might I ask you something?" She questioned, as he gripped her waist and the two stood swaying on the dance floor.

"Of course, Foxy." He told her, resting his head against the top of hers, as she leaned into him.

"Why do you continue to pursue me, knowing full well who I've been associating myself with?" She peered up at him, as he continued to look outward.

"Well, Foxfire. For starters, you're young, you don't know what you want, I mean, not in a bad way, but it's normal, hell I don't even know what I want half the time. All I know is that I like your company. And I can tell you like mine too. And as long as we are lonely, and need someone to lend an ear, or a hand, or even a bed, that I'm there." He told her, implying that now he wouldn't mind it if she even just stuck around for a beneficial friendship. "You're in love with him, aren't you?" He finally asked her as they continued to sway.

She thought to herself for a few moments, contemplating what that could even really mean, as she was only seventeen, and had never loved as hard as that before, but who knows if that's even what real love feels like? How could you love someone who isn't there and works for somebody like Voldemort? But at the same time, how couldn't she, with all the things they had gone through together, even if it didn't seem like much.

"I don't know what I am." She told him, finally. "I know I care for him, deeply. And I know that my feelings were and are very intense for him. But I also don't know if I could ever be with him." She shrugged into him as she felt him nod from above her.

"Don't stress over it." He told her. "As I said, I'm always going to be here, in any way that you'd like me to be." He confirmed, before gently kissing the top of her head, as she closed her eyes, and continued to sway with the music.