forty two

the sound of silence

As Foxfire went through the disapparating transition, she felt her mind become flooded with thoughts of Draco. The two of them as they met in the room of requirement, him telling her she looked beautiful at Slughorn's Christmas party, their first date, and their first real kiss. The moment she saw him again after months of worrying. And the first time they were intimate. It all came in one big wave, and then suddenly, it was gone, Draco Malfoy was gone. All replaced with false memories, in place of Draco's. Every memory, and every moment the two shared had left her mind as if none of it ever really happened at all, as she crashed onto the beach below.

She looked up, feeling her head pound and then stood herself to her feet, noticing Dobby standing still in the distance.

"Harry Potter." The little elf said, as he held the blade that was lodged into his abdomen. Foxfire approached him slowly from behind, feeling a sense of disbelief strike in her head. Harry ran over to the creature, as he collapsed into his arms, and Harry pulled out the small blade of Bellatrix.

Harry called out for something that could help him, but Hermione could only shake her head, sadly, as there was nothing, just a feeling of hopelessness. Foxfire felt her hands lift to her mouth in shock, as another life has fallen, and it was all because of this stupid war, and Voldemort. Luna approached the two beings, as she closed his eyes gently, in attempt to make it less horrible for what had just happened. Sort of as if he was just sleeping.

"I want to bury him. Properly, without magic." Harry informed them all, as they took Dobby's lifeless body to a grassy hill above the sand, and Harry began to dig. Once the body was placed beneath the sand, Foxfire covered him back up, as they all then sat there, in remembrance of the little elf who saved their lives, sacrificing his own.

Foxfire reached her hand out to Harry's, placing it on top of his in a comforting manner, as he just sat still, in shock. Her heart sank to the pit of her stomach, as Harry's whole life seemed to just be surrounded by loss and pain. She could only imagine, considering the fact that her parents were killed as well, but to her, nothing compared to what Harry had been going through. Only that of which, he seems to lose a lot of people he loves. And she couldn't imagine having an all evil wizard out on the run to get you.

She stared over at Harry, waiting to see if he would say something more, but no one spoke and only the sound of deafening silence, echoed around them.