forty

obliviate

"Well?" Bellatrix asked, as she crouched down next to Harry and pulled his distorted face in view. Foxfire stared over at them, watching Draco approach the boy, slowly. Hermione glanced over toward Foxfire, curious as to why she was there, too, as they hadn't seen her in months, but she also knew her and Draco had a complicated past, she just couldn't believe that his family had clearly found out.

"I can't be sure." Draco lied, as Lucius approached him, gripping on to his neck. Draco glanced over at Foxfire, sending an apologetic look her way, as a death eater stood next to her, ensuring no escape.

"Draco, if we were the ones to hand Potter over to the dark lord, everything would be forgiven." Lucius pleaded in a hushed tone to his son, as a snatcher listened in, growing upset by his indication that they'd take credit for a snatchers work.

"Now, we wont be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope." The snatcher demanded, reminding him of the truth, as his voice echoed through the house.

"You dare talk to me like that in my own home?" Lucius grew louder as Narcissa approached the two, quieting his anger. Draco stepped forward toward Bellatrix and Harry, bending down, to get a good look at his face.

"Now, if this isn't who we think it is, and we call him, we'll all be in trouble, so we need to be absolutely sure." Bellatrix told the frightened boy, who really could only think of the fact that Foxfire was here as well, and that that situation still has yet to be addressed.

"What's wrong with his face?" Draco asked, stalling.

"Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix asked the snatchers as Draco continued to stare at Harry, really not wanting to give him up.

"He came to us like that. Something he must've picked up in the forest." The snatcher responded. Draco and Harry continued to stare at one another, as Bellatrix approached the snatcher's, to retrieve Hermione's wand, when suddenly, she gasped.

"What is that?" She demanded. "Where'd you get that from?"

"It was in her bag when we searched her, reckon it's mine now." The one snatcher insisted, proudly, before Bellatrix almost instantaneously shot a curse at him, killing him immediately, and she began fighting the others. Foxfire backed up against the wall, trying to steer clear of Bellatrix's madness. Once she was done kicking the other snatcher's out, she approached Ron and Hermione, with fury in her cold, dead eyes.

"Put the boys in the cellar!" She shouted to Wormtail. "I want to have a conversation with this one, girl to girl!" She shouted in Hermione's face before looking back at Foxfire. "And you're next!" She continued before throwing Hermione to the ground.

Foxfire watched Wormtail drag Ron and Harry to the cellar below, and then she was dragged over to the other side of the wall, near the Malfoy's. Bellatrix climbed atop Hermione, and was just inches from her face. "That sword was meant to be in my vault at Gringott's, how did you get it?" She demanded, angrily, as Hermione began to sob, scared out of her mind. Foxfire felt her hands ball up into fists, as all she wanted was to tackle Bellatrix to the floor, and beat her face in. But she had no chance, not with this place crawling with death eaters.

"I didn't take anything." Hermione sobbed, only causing Bellatrix to grow more angry, as she pinned Hermione's head to the side, and took her wand, beginning to carve into Hermione's arm, as she let out blood curdling screams.

"Let go of her!" Foxfire shouted over her friends cries for help, as a death eater held her back. Foxfire looked at the bloody letters, only to see the word mudblood, carved into her flesh.

Wormtail emerged from the cellar with a goblin from Gringrott's. Then shortly after, Harry and Ron came creeping up, but only Foxfire had noticed behind Bellatrix interrogating the goblin. Foxfire glanced down at her waistline, remembering where her wand was securely placed, and Ron jumped up in view.

"Expelliarmus!" He shouted as Foxfire broke free from the death eater holding her, and Bellatrix's wand came flying down away from her.

"Stupify!" Harry shouted to Lucius before he could even retrieve a weapon, causing him to fly back against the wall. Harry then began throwing shots toward Draco, as Ron fought off Narcissa, and Foxfire fired at Lucius.

"Stop!" Bellatrix's voice rang throughout the room as they all ceased fire to see she held Hermione in her arms, with a blade to her throat. "Drop your wands." She smirked as they all obliged, dropping them to the floor. "Now, Draco." She shouted at the boy, as he hesitantly rushed over, retrieving all their wands, and looking up toward Foxfire once more as she sighed. "Well, well, well, look what we have here." Bellatrix continued as Foxfire couldn't hide her sudden eye roll. "It's Harry Potter." She said, realizing his face was no longer distorted. "Call him." Bellatrix demanded of Lucius, who stepped from the shadows and into the center of the room, lifting up his sleeve, revealing the dark mark.

But just before he could get a word out, the chandelier above them began to make noise. They all looked up, only to see Dobby, who was twisting and turning at the top. Suddenly, the chandelier came crashing to the ground, and Hermione ran over to the others, away from Bellatrix's grasp. Draco threw Foxfire's wand back over to her, as she caught it in her hand, but Harry ran over to Draco's wand, which lay on the floor, and grabbed it, running back over to the others as they huddled together. "Stupid elf! You could have killed me!" Bellatrix exclaimed.

"Dobby never meant to kill! Only maim or seriously injure!" He told her, innocently, before they all grabbed onto his little arms, and began to disapparate. But before they could do so, Bellatrix sent her blade hurdling toward them.

"Obliviate." Narcissa managed to cast, as the lot of them disapparated from the home.