forty four

a fire filled escape

The five of them stood on the cliff where the cart had dropped them off, just waiting to see where to go from there. They all had shifted back to normal by now, and were just left wearing the clothes of the people they had transformed into. A loud roar from nearby caused them to grow worried, as they looked around the dark and wet cave-like place, carefully. "That doesn't sound good." Ron commented.

"Yeah, not too reassuring." Foxfire muttered as she wiped a wet substance off her black jacket. They walked forward, noticing a large dragon laying chained up on the floor in the center of a big and open room.

"That's a Ukranian Ironbelly." Ron commented, astounded. As the dragon stood up, with a fiery pain, Griphook pulled out a little device, causing it to cower away from them. A device in which is used to make noise, causing the dragon to expect pain from it. Foxfire felt sorry for the creature, as that was an inhumane way to treat a beautiful beast of its kind, but goblins could be ruthless beings, as they had little compassion for the life of others.

Griphook led them to Bellatrix's vault, shutting the door behind them all. They all chanted Lumos, lighting their wands, Harry retrieving Draco's, and Foxfire pulling out her own in which she had almost lost for good at Malfoy Manor. They looked around, seeing all the gold and valued items hidden within the vault. "Is it in here, Harry? Can you feel anything?" Ron asked as they looked around for one of the missing Horcruxes.

Harry nodded, still examining the room with his eyes, when suddenly, he stopped, noticing the golden cup at the top of a large pile. Just as he was beginning to think out how he'd get to it, Hermione bumped into a little gold cup on a table beside her, causing it to drop the the floor below them, and multiply. As the items began to fall, they all continued to multiply as well.

"They've added the Gemino curse. Everything touched will multiply." Griphook warned as Foxfire backed away, only finding herself fall into a table where more items fell to the ground.

"Shit." She muttered, slightly annoyed, as this was growing old, fast. Harry retrieved the sword from Hermione's bag, and began trying to climb up the mountain of gold and silver items. The room just continued to grow with things as Hermione shouted at them to all stop moving. Just as they did, the mountain stopped growing at the top and they all grew quiet. "Is he alive in there?" Foxfire asked as they looked to one another. But out of the stillness in the room, Harry emerged from the cave he was enclosed in, holding the cup, and attempting to rush out. Griphook grabbed the sword of Gryffindor, as they had promised, before making a nasty remark.

"I said I'd get you in. I didn't say anything about getting you out." He told Harry with a devilish smirk, as him and the other goblin left, and the room just continued to grow. Once they finally escaped the shackles of the never ending growing objects, they attempted to chase down Griphook, who seemed to have already been long gone. Guards stormed the room where the dragon was, shooting spells at the four of them. Foxfire and Hermione ducked behind one pillar, as Harry and Ron stood behind another. Hermione suddenly came up with an idea, as she busted one of the walls down, and jumped on the back of the beast, who began breathing fire at all the guards and goblins who stormed the room.

"Alright, Hermione, when'd you become such a badass?" Foxfire called out, as Ron and Harry rushed over to her side.

"Well, come on then!" Hermione shouted at them all, impatiently, as Harry jumped on the dragon first, followed by Foxfire, and then Ron. Each of them held onto one of the spikes on the dragons back, as Hermione shot a spell to it's chains, setting him free. The dragon continued to climb up the walls of the vaults, bursting through the center of the bank, torching most of the goblins around, and shattering the glass ceiling above. Giving a whole new meaning to 'shatter the glass ceiling', am I right? He climbed out into the fresh air, where he then flew above the town below, and into the sky.

"That was brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!" Ron exclaimed as they soared into the clouds. Foxfire felt free being so high up and away from the destruction below. The city actually looked beautiful for once, in her mind.