fifty four

flowers in the wind

"So, where do we go from here?" Foxfire asked the man beside her, as they sat in the middle of the field surrounding them. Behind them, stood a large gravestone, reading simply;

'Kat Harris
Her Life Is Written In The Stars'

"Wherever you'd like to, I suppose." Draco told her, as he reached forward, intertwining his fingers within hers. "The world is ours to explore, now." He looked over at her, as she let out a small smile, and looked over to him, gazing at his ocean blue eyes. She leaned her head on his shoulder, as her aunts house sat in the distance.

She felt as his thumb rubbed against hers and she closed her eyes, picturing everything they had endured, and where to go from here. Nothing would ever be the same, and maybe that was a good thing, because now they have nothing more to fear. Despite the Malfoy family, who they have yet to see, but that didn't bother Draco. As his father was someone who broke him since he was just a child. And in this moment, his main concern was a family within Foxfire's love. Her aunt had accepted him almost immediately, and he had felt more love from them, than he ever received from his own blood. He glanced down at the tired girl on his shoulder, and felt his lips curl into a small, content smile. Nothing could ever compare to this feeling he had right here in this moment.

"We could always just leave for a little while. I wouldn't mind just embracing this gift of live and seeing the world with you." She told him, looking up.

"Whatever you'd like to do." He told her again, still locking hands with her. Foxfire pulled him to his feet as she stood from the grassy field and they stared at one another. She took one more glance at the place where she buried her best friend, as the flowers placed upon the burial, waved in the wind. Draco watched her, knowing the pain she felt, was nothing he could relate to, and he felt remorse. She smiled once more and looked back to him. "You ready?" He finally asked as she nodded, and they continued to walk away. Foxfire felt herself feel that now her friend was in a proper resting place, she could try and move on, as she knew Kat would want her to.

"I love you, Foxfire." Draco told her, abruptly, as they walked hand in hand toward the little farmhouse in the distance.

"I love you, Draco." She finally said, confidently.