thirty three

he calls me moonlight, too

Suddenly, a bright orb of blue light, illuminated the middle of the tent. Foxfire and Fred jumped back, as he continued to hold onto her, carefully, protecting her. Everyone backed away, scared and fearful for what it was and what was to happen, when all of a sudden, a voice spoke. "The ministry has fallen. The minister of magic, is dead." It told all of them, as they looked around the room toward one another, panicking. "They are coming." The voice whispered as chills were sent down Foxfire's spine, and she curled into Fred just a little more.

The blue light disappeared and everyone began to hurry around, wondering what they should do now. Some people began to disapparate, when Foxfire looked up to see the death eaters were now here, and attacking the crowd of people. Fred continued to try and pull at her, but she felt her fingers slip from his, and lost track of him past the crowd.

She reached to her wand, which was strapped to her side by a black garter, and began to try and find an exit, while attempting to defend herself. She already had a scarred up face, and she wasn't quite in the mood to add another, just yet.

"Fred?" She called out, as she backed against the side of the tent, but her voice was minuscule compared to all the other noises. Before she could do much more, she felt as her shoulders pulled back, and she was pulled from behind the curtain. She looked at the robed figure before her, as he held onto her wrist, continuing to grow further from the party, and into the tall fields. "Let go of me!" She demanded, trying to pry the fingers of the being in front of her, off her wrist. "Get off me!" She continued to shout as the party was in the far distance now. "Fred!" She screamed again, hoping he'd come to her rescue.

The being stopped in his tracks, and turned to her, pulling back the hood of his robe. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes widened, as her feet left the ground and she leapt up, wrapping herself around him. "Draco!" She whispered into his neck, as he pulled her in closer. "What are you doing here?" She asked, knowing full well, why he was really here.

"I offered my assistance to help the death eaters. I needed to make sure you were alright." He told her as she pulled away from him. "Fred?" He felt himself grow slightly jealous from hearing the sound of a Weasley's name escape from her lips. Especially her ex.

"Don't worry, there's nothing happening between Fred and I." She told him, trying to get him to focus on more important matters, and he finally was able to get a good look at her face. He lifted his hand, and traced over the scar on her cheek.

"What happened?" He asked, feeling sorry that he couldn't have been there to protect her.

"Well, let's just say that your buddies don't really like me." She smirked, trying to make light of the situation.

"I'm so sorry, Foxfire." He said, quietly, cupping his hand against the side of her face. She leaned into his flesh, closing her eyes, happily. "I have to get going." He told her, as she looked at him, nervously.

"You can't leave again, Draco." She shook her head, refusing to believe that this was the only time she'd get with him. "Please," she begged, hearing her voice crack.

"I have to. I don't have a choice, love." He told her, pulling her into him, but she resisted.

"We can just run away! Harry's on the run, I mean how hard could it truly be? At least for the time being." She tried to persuade him, but he just shook his head, sadly.

"You know I can't do that." He revealed his arm to her again, as she noticed the dark mark, realizing they'd definitely be able to find him. "As much as I'd like to." He muttered to himself.

"You've really turned into a little softy." She joked, trying to ease the tension, even though a tear began to fall from her eye. He looked down at her, and without hesitation, pulled her into him, roughly, reaching his hand behind the back of her head and intertwining his fingers with her hair. The two pressed their lips together, even with all the chaos behind them, it still felt magical.

She pulled away slowly, still feeling his warm breath against her face, as she stared at his clavicle. "I wish I'd never met you, Draco Malfoy. For you make this so much harder." She sighed, quietly as he rested his chin on the top of her head. He knew she didn't mean it in an offensive way, and she knew that either. She only means she wishes things were different.

"You need to be careful, Foxfire. I'd like to actually be able to see you again." He whispered, knowing she clearly was being reckless.

"When would that be?" She asked him, as his hands gripped her tighter. And before she knew it, he was gone, leaving only a gust of wind and the familiar scent she craved, in his place.