five

just another day at hogwarts

"Fox! Wake up!" A voice exclaimed in Foxfire's ear, as her eyes fluttered open. Kat's face was in her full view, staring down at her, with a look of worry. "We missed breakfast." She exclaimed, hopping down from Foxfire's bed and running over to her trunk, retrieving her hair tie and throwing her curly brown hair into a low pony tail. Fox stared over at the window, realizing she wasn't just dreaming that she missed breakfast on the first day, but she actually did miss breakfast on the first day. She quickly stood to her feet, rushing over to the trunk beside her bed and throwing on her robes.

She looked in the mirror, noticing her hair was a disaster, but deciding she didn't care, and there wasn't enough time to care. She quickly picked up a small vile of lavender, splashing a few droplets onto her robe, before retrieving her bag, and tossing it over her shoulder. The two of them proceeded to make their way down the stairs, out of the common room, past the kitchen and into the hall.

And the halls were a disaster. Kids were scrambling around like loose chickens in a wolf den. "Holy shit, I don't think I've ever seen it this hectic before." Kat shouted to Fox, over the loud chatter of the students.

"It's crazy!" Foxfire shouted to her. "Do you see Harry or Ron anywhere? I want to see what his classes are." She continued looking toward Kat. Kat shook her head and continued to look around, helping her find the others. As Foxfire continued to scan around, she felt her feet swipe from beneath her as her hands caught herself from smacking her head onto the ground below.

"Oh, shit, sorry!" A voice said from above her, as she looked up, locking eyes with a person she hadn't spoken to in a while. She stood herself up, with assistance from the boy, and crossed her arms. "Foxfire, hey."

"Oh, hey, Theo." Foxfire said, unpleasantly. Kat crossed her arms as well, inching closer to Foxfire's side, protectively.

"Theo." Kat scolded just by the sound of his name coming from her lips. Kat seemed to be a little more nervous than Foxfire was. She was terrified of the thought of Fox getting back with Theo. She had a right to be cautious, as Theo was a prick most of the time and she hated seeing her best friend hurt. But she also had her own selfish reasons, that, as innocent as they were, made her feel like a terrible person.
But she mostly just hated Theo, so that was the most important factor, right?

"Kat." He responded in a monotone voice, not removing his eyes from Foxfire. "How're you doing? You look great." He complimented Foxfire. Foxfire had changed over the summer. Not too much, but it was like she had a late growth spurt and there was something different about her. Like she was radiantly glowing. But in her mind, she felt as though her anxiety and sadness clouded her beauty, therefore she felt little confidence within herself.

"I'm fine, Theo. Thanks." She nodded, uncomfortably and clearly wanting away from this situation.

"So uh, you busy after classes?" He proceeded to ask, conjuring up all the confidence in the world, as how could anyone say no to him? Especially the way Foxfire had loved and adored him more than anyone in the world while they were together. It built his ego up higher than normal, causing him to believe he could get any girl he wanted. And he did, with more than just Pansy. But Foxfire didn't have to know that.

Theo spent most of his life with his pure blood parents, who were actually pretty nice people. They were Slytherin's, just like their son is, but they were never a follower of Voldemort. Proving that not all Slytherin's are evil. Even Theo had his perks, but his cons outweighed the pros. Theo grew up in a comfortable home, with a family that truly loved him. But somehow, he let himself become like the majority of his peers in his house, only tainting the Slytherin name once more.

Kat couldn't hide her eye roll, and Foxfire couldn't hide her distaste for this boy who she had clearly no interest in anymore. "I am actually. Got a hot date with my best friend here." Foxfire swung her arm over Kat's shoulder and smiled. "See ya around, Theo." She saluted him with her two fingers and her and Kat continued on, leaving Theo alone to watch as they departed.

"Proud of you, girl, damn!" Kat exclaimed in excitement that finally Foxfire wasn't boy obsessed the first day of school, especially with that, as Kat would say, 'asshat of the male species'.

"Eh, he sucks." Foxfire shrugged as the girls continued on. There had still been no sight of Harry, Hermione or Ron, so they decided to just head to their first class anyways. Potions with Professor Slughorn.